Here's the thing: I have enough money to buy either a Morley Wah Power Volume or a Boss DD-3 Delay. My problem is that I'm not very experienced with effects so I don't know which to buy. I'll eventually get them both but for now I have to choose one. Considering that I play mostly Alt Rock what do you think would suit me better for the time being?
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

"hey you should really buy me, the 40 days is up"
* hits X button*
" Oh okay, maybe next time?"

You sir have just won a thousand internets.
Wah wah hell yeah, I have a wah and use it a lot on band practice it makes soloing more intresting and riffs as well.
If you're going for a BOSS delay, I'd go for the DD-7 instead of the DD-3. It can do everything the DD-3 can, and then some
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
If you already have a distortion, then I would advise you to go for a delay if you play alt-rock. You can really create those ambient, shoegaze-type of stuff. A wah is cool for solo`s and sometimes a riff, but you`ll probably use a delay more. I use it almost all the time, I have a Digitech Digidelay and it works perfect for me...
buy the delay first, but do some search first on the best pedal suited for you (analog, digital , etc...) if you want a good digital delay i suggest you Nova Delay or Nova Repeater, if you want a good analog delay go for the MXR carbon copy
i scream for ice cream
Quote by Darkflame
i'd get the delay pedal, more versatile, i know i barely turn my delay off

not the boss one though, look at the EHX memory boy, carl martin red repeat, ehx #1 echo, MXR carbon copy, hardwire dl4

some of em are a bit over your range but well worth it

This. I have the EHX #1 Echo and I am more than happy with it. And only $100.
Agile Intrepid 8
S-gear Scuffham Amps
I wouldn't go for either of those pedals, to be honest. Neither of them are very 'good' for what you pay for (well, there's better to be had in the price range). For a digital delay, the DD-3 is very sparse as far as features go, and the Morley, well... there's just better to be had.

I'd go for a Line 6 Echo Park delay or the Ibanez WH-10 V2, or perhaps a used 535Q Crybaby.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Delay, definitely. I think a Wah may be more fun to play with at first, but a good delay pedal can add so many different colors and nuances to your sound that you'll find yourself using it a lot more than you would a wah, at least that's what I think. you might want to look into the hardwire delay. That one's pretty good.
check out the new ibanez wh10v2 reissue. and i say go used so you can buy both
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Thanks everyone for your help. I've decided to go with the delay. The Boss DD-7 is out of my price range and most of the pedals you talk about are really hard to find here in Portugal. So I'm between the DD-3 or Line 6 Echo Park. Which one is the best and is the echo park worth the money it costs?

Happy Christmas everyone.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

"hey you should really buy me, the 40 days is up"
* hits X button*
" Oh okay, maybe next time?"

You sir have just won a thousand internets.
Last edited by paquiquinho at Dec 25, 2009,