Merry Christmas GG&A!

So anyway, is this is a good idea?

So, after researching and such, I have come to a conclusion, I need a new setup. I was thinking of buying a Line 6 PODxT and an Epiphone Valve Junior together so that I can have a better multi-effects than what I have and a tube amp without all the trimmings to plug it into.
Is this the best cheap <$200 tube amp to just run a pedal through and not play on its own?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I play a lot of Megadeth/other thrash stuff and have a $500 budget if that helps
Slappa tha bass
Last edited by hootie37 at Dec 25, 2009,
personally id save up. 500 dollars wont get you the tone you need, especially if youre looking for tube amps. while its a good combo, i dont think its what youre looking for.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TK1
personally id save up. 500 dollars wont get you the tone you need, especially if youre looking for tube amps. while its a good combo, i dont think its what youre looking for.

But I'm just looking for something that will take a pedal well, is it still not good enough?
Slappa tha bass
The valve junior is somewhere around 5 watts. If you're even considering gigging, don't get it. It's a blues amp, so as soon as you get it to a good volume, it's going to start to break up. So no, it's not good enough.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.