Hey recently got a 6505 and an orange 4x12 with V30's.
By a few of my friends I have been advised to get a tube screamer. I was wandering will this make my sound ALOT better? (I play mostly metal/tech metal) And if so should i put it through rhythm or lead channel?
Thanks
David.
Gear:

LTD MH250NT w/EMG's
Jackson DKMG
Peavey 6505 Head
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
if you get a tubescreamer

Get a maxon one.
Also, yes it'll make your bass much tighter
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
hello,

well, i can say: get a TS! it'll give your sound alot more punchiness. the normal ibanez ts7 for like 50 bucks will do the job, there's no need for freakish vintage stuff.
i myself use the ts7 in front of my 5150.
it's always turned on with neutral settings (everythings on 12 o'clock)
i use my rythm chan as a clean chan and for distortion i use the lead chan with gain at about 10 o'clock.
works fine.
it can make a good clean gain boost for leads, if you want to tighten up your tone then a eq pedal would be better suited for that
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
hell, 30 bucks will do the job. danelectro cool cat drive. then keep the rest of the money for an eq pedal, which i think does a hell of a lot more than a boost.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Boosting with a tube screamer will give you a slight mid boost while cutting your bass down a tad. That essentially sounds like it 'tightens' up the amp. Your palm mutes will sound more chugga chugga and it'll increase your string definition a tad. It's not the be-all, end-all of necessities and not everybody likes the sound of boosting but it just might be the little magic you've been missing from your tone so why not give it a go?

Also get a noise gate or turn your gain down at the very least when boosting to eliminate unwanted feedback and string noise.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Also get a noise gate or turn your gain down at the very least when boosting to eliminate unwanted feedback and string noise.

good call on that. i usually keep my gain around 4-5 without a boost, with a boost, usually 1-2, and its still pretty noisy. (this is all on lead channel)
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
good call on that. i usually keep my gain around 4-5 without a boost, with a boost, usually 1-2, and its still pretty noisy. (this is all on lead channel)

When I would jam on 6505s, I'd put the master up to about 7 and set the preamp volume on the lead channel to about 4 or 5. I would then boost it with a tube screamer. The tone would be at 12 or rolled off slightly, the level would be full and the gain would be at 9 o' clock or less.

Br00talz but I well like this amp on its own as well.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
^ I guess you were wearing earplugs then

The loudest ive had mine is 5 and thats without a TS.

Im looking for one of these too, to help with the lead tone of the amp, and to tighten it up.
Looks like it would do the job then
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Yeah i have a noise suppressor.
So what model?
Im really tempted with the TS808. Thoughts?
Gear:

LTD MH250NT w/EMG's
Jackson DKMG
Peavey 6505 Head
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Quote by MrSenesence
Yeah i have a noise suppressor.
So what model?
Im really tempted with the TS808. Thoughts?

It's a small diff in tone, it's like that just alil extra.

I wouldn't spend more then 100.00

anyway i use a ts-9 and a mxr 10 band. I would seriously get/try the eq pedal first or both.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A