Got it for Christmas and was wondering how you all feel about it. Its primary use will be for metal, but I play blues, too.
there are better amps for the money, not a half bad practice amp but I wouldn't use it for anything else
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
If you pick one up used for really cheap then yes/no. Yes as in it's not as bad as buying it new so you don't get as ripped off and no as in you can get so much better for the same amount of money.

I don't think they are that great sounding (I think they sound flat and boring. Not what I want out of an amp) but for a starting/practice amp it's usable.

Never buy a Marshall product new and try to stay away from lower end Marshalls such as the AVT and MG as much as you can.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
You will get a LOT of hate for this thread, watch out people won't like it, the only important thing is if you like it or not..

HELLO!

Quote by Eag1e
Well, what else do you guys suggest for around $200?

It depends.

What genres do you play?
What kind of guitar do you have?
Are you using pedals?
Are you jamming alone or with a band?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
When you guys ask about genres it makes me wonder if the OP was read or not. :P Blues and metal [pretty much every sub-genre of metal except for sludge].

Atm I've still got an Epiphone LP Standard, but I'll be trading up sometime late next month to either an Ibanez or Fender depending on what I'm focusing on at that time. Or maybe just a Gibson LP or something if I can't decide and need something versatile.

I don't use pedals, but I might start eventually. But, as of now, no.

I jam alone... with my computer speaker rig blasting whatever I'm playing to. =]
Quote by Eag1e
When you guys ask about genres it makes me wonder if the OP was read or not. :P Blues and metal [pretty much every sub-genre of metal except for sludge].

Atm I've still got an Epiphone LP Standard, but I'll be trading up sometime late next month to either an Ibanez or Fender depending on what I'm focusing on at that time. Or maybe just a Gibson LP or something if I can't decide and need something versatile.

I don't use pedals, but I might start eventually. But, as of now, no.

I jam alone... with my computer speaker rig blasting whatever I'm playing to. =]

If you're just jamming alone, you should check out the the Vox Valvetronix series.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-VT30-30W-1x10-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483552

It's a modeling amp so it can achieve the tones you want as well as having built in effects. This next amp is a bit more expensive, but if you save up for the combo version, you might not need to change amps for a long time.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jet-City-JCA20H-20W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=583597
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Yeah i had a marshall mg30dfx and tbh there not good at all. i had to run pedals through it to get it sounding half decent
Gear:

LTD MH250NT w/EMG's
Jackson DKMG
Peavey 6505 Head
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
vox vt15
vypyr 30
vibro champ xd
microcube rx
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.