The neck makes little to no sound, as if I turned the volume knob to nearly 0. I'm not surprised or anything, because I know that Epiphones don't have the greatest wiring ever, but I'm wondering what the problem is, and how much it'll cost to fix.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
It could be a few different things...incorrect wiring, bad wiring, disconnected wires, bad pickup, bad pot, bad switch. All those problems are probably gonna be around 40 - 60 dollars to fix, unless it's a bad pickup, in which case it will be more because you'll need to cover the cost of the pickup as well.

Good luck!

Note: If you know anyone with a little electronic know-how, you might be able to pop it open and look for a disconnected wire and resolder it yourself. Easy fix.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
Last edited by brleealbright at Dec 25, 2009,
Check the switch. Epiphone switches are notoriously crappy. Sometimes I have to jiggle mine a bit to get the right volume level. otherwise, it's a pot. Still not too difficult to replace.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.