Does the vox tonelab st have a built in wah pedal? i really like it cuz it looks really versitile but i dont know if its got wah or not. as well does anyone know if it can give you a nice heavy metal tone.
Sure it does, but if I am not wrong, you can't use any overdrives when you engage the wah pedal.

Which is stupid!
Quote by zappmi35
does it work with the LE

The tonelab LE confirms does not work while wah is engaged, you can't use overdrive pedal.

In fact, this is one of the major problems with the wah + overdrive in tonelab LE that they didn't bother to fix when they release the tonelab ST.

The reason is probably obvious, if they fixed it, then you don't need to buy a separate wah pedal, aka vox 847a.

Otherwise, if you wanna use the tube OD, you have to get another wah pedal.

You can't even chain multiple pedal effect together. In the pedal section you can only choose one of them.

Tonelab is just a VT series amp in a pedal.

It is not a viable mfx unit.
Quote by sfx
The tonelab LE confirms does not work while wah is engaged, you can't use overdrive pedal.

In fact, this is one of the major problems with the wah + overdrive in tonelab LE that they didn't bother to fix when they release the tonelab ST.

The reason is probably obvious, if they fixed it, then you don't need to buy a separate wah pedal, aka vox 847a.

Otherwise, if you wanna use the tube OD, you have to get another wah pedal.

You can't even chain multiple pedal effect together. In the pedal section you can only choose one of them.

Tonelab is just a VT series amp in a pedal.

It is not a viable mfx unit.

oh ok then forget that. that kindof sucks. what mfx pedal would you reccomend that has these features that the tonelab lacks.
Quote by zappmi35
oh ok then forget that. that kindof sucks. what mfx pedal would you reccomend that has these features that the tonelab lacks.

if you're not into the amp simulation/modeling, I guess you can consider the boss ME series and the higher end digitech RP mfx units.
Quote by sfx
if you're not into the amp simulation/modeling, I guess you can consider the boss ME series and the higher end digitech RP mfx units.

yah im really not into the amp simulating if i want a really good amp sound im not going to buy a pedal that copys it im gunna save up sum cash and buy the amp.

im more into just like random effects like delay, flanger, phaser,tremolo,wah (with the actual pedal that works with distortion) distortion and overdrive. any other effects like octave, chorus, detuner and stuff are cool to have too. and i like a noise gate cuz the passive pickups on my les paul are pretty muddy. im debating just buying a bunch of different pedals instead of one multi effects.
if one comes to mind that has ALL or most of these effects please inform me. im trying to do as much looking around as i can for info on stuff but some of the descriptions are pretty vague. im not all that into boss. i have a friend who uses a boss pedal and it looks cheap to me.
Last edited by zappmi35 at Dec 25, 2009,
Quote by zappmi35
yah im really not into the amp simulating if i want a really good amp sound im not going to buy a pedal that copys it im gunna save up sum cash and buy the amp.

im more into just like random effects like delay, flanger, phaser,tremolo,wah (with the actual pedal that works with distortion) distortion and overdrive. any other effects like octave, chorus, detuner and stuff are cool to have too. and i like a noise gate cuz the passive pickups on my les paul are pretty muddy. im debating just buying a bunch of different pedals instead of one multi effects.
if one comes to mind that has ALL or most of these effects please inform me. im trying to do as much looking around as i can for info on stuff but some of the descriptions are pretty vague. im not all that into boss. i have a friend who uses a boss pedal and it looks cheap to me.

Well then maybe you can consider the Line 6 M13 or M9. They're pretty good. No wah pedals though.
Last edited by sfx at Dec 25, 2009,