There is this extremely odd fret problem going on in my guitar. When I play the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd fret of all the strings, it makes a very quiet buzzy noise.

It sounds extremely normal on the other frets, and this guitar was just opened today!! Someone please help!! PLEASE!!
Very few factories actually properly set up their guitars. if its on the first couple frets its not odd at all. Either the first three frets are all low, the 4th is high, or much much more likely I would say that you neck is in a backbow.
get it set up by pro @ a music store. This depends on what kind of guitar you have, whether any adjustments can be done. If you are not experienced @setting up a guitar, I'd suggest paying a few bucks for someone to do it.
Its either as simple as a truss rod adjustment which you could do your self. However if you have no experience with this they you could really screw yourself over, so I would recommend paying to have it done for you. Not sure what the cost of this would be.

If its the frets then you might need anywhere from a fret dress to a $350 refret. Probably just the fret dress though.
Quote by PunkGuitaristx
There is this extremely odd fret problem going on in my guitar. When I play the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd fret of all the strings, it makes a very quiet buzzy noise.

It sounds extremely normal on the other frets, and this guitar was just opened today!! Someone please help!! PLEASE!!
Take it back. Exchange or refund.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
If a few simple adjustments dont solve the problem then as SYK says take it back. Its pretty common thing with guitars anymore where the only fret work done is being pressed in. Another common fault is poorly cut nut, many just use a precut one glue em in and send em down the line.

A basic set up can be as little as 30-40$. Make sure you know exactly what a "set up" is tho it tends to vary alot. Fret leveling can be 90$ and getting a nut cut properly might be another 30$. And if you are going to get any work done have it done by a good shop, dont take it to the idiots who work at GC or sam ash its liable to be worse than before they work on it.

Its up to you spend the cash to get it fixed or exchange it and MAYBE the next guitar will be better.
Quote by PunkGuitaristx
when i play the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd strings, its dead flat, how would i fix this?

This sounds like a warping sideways problem, or it can be the frets ain't hammered in all the way. Take your strings off, get a block of wood and a light hammer, and tap all the fret a couple of times using the block of wood as a driver. If that dosent fix the problem, then take it to a tech, and just have him look at it, he should do this for free, and have him tell you there what the possible problem is, since he should be able to find it rather quick, and then decide if you want to fix it or send it back.
Quote by PunkGuitaristx
how much would be those simple adjustments?
Free.

You take your brand new guitar back to where you bought it and tell them to make it right. If they aren't will to make the adjustments on the guitar, tell them to ram the guitar up their ass and give you your money back.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I can't imagine why not.
How could you even try it to know it's messed up unless you open the box?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
What's the guitar?

If you have action adjustment on each saddle of the bridge, the action could be too low on the three troublesome strings ... or one side of something like a Tune-O-Matic could be too low.

Or the nut could be cut incorrectly.

Tbh, if you've bought a guitar new from a regular shop, you should be able to play it straight away. IMHO, the only justification for paying more at a store is that they set the guitars up for you and maintain them.
this guitar is the ibanez ijx121, and thanks guys for the advice, im chekin it in tommorow, thnks!!!
Ibanez IJX121
Quote by PunkGuitaristx
this guitar is the ibanez ijx121, and thanks guys for the advice, im chekin it in tommorow, thnks!!!

That's a beginner guitar, so they shouldn't expect you to know how to set one up - I mean no offence by that, just that they'd be dicks to refuse to check it over for you, especially if you're a new player.

That type of bridge has tiny allen screws either side of each saddle, which you can use to adjust the height of the string. Grab the allen key that came with it, and try raising one a little on one of the bad strings - just give it a few turns, and remember how far you've moved it. If that gets rid of your fret buzz, you need your action set up. If it doesn't, just lower the saddle back to where it was.

Are you able to take a picture of the guitar's bridge, then upload it and link to it in here? If you take a good look at the saddles, it might be really obvious how far out they are.

Congrats on the new guitar, too. It looks pretty respectable for a beginners' guitar, and Ibanez necks tend to be pretty forgiving for learning on.
Quote by -MintSauce-
What's the guitar?

If you have action adjustment on each saddle of the bridge, the action could be too low on the three troublesome strings ... or one side of something like a Tune-O-Matic could be too low.

Or the nut could be cut incorrectly.

Tbh, if you've bought a guitar new from a regular shop, you should be able to play it straight away. IMHO, the only justification for paying more at a store is that they set the guitars up for you and maintain them.

If its buzzing while playing fretted notes its not the nut although I would imagine it could use one as most new guitars do.