Merry Christmas to all. Anyway, i bought a CM-2 Digitech Overdrive Pedal for X-mas, but I'm thinking it doesn't have enough gain for Modern ROck and Grunge, which is a lot of what I play. If I were to buy the Valve Distortion pedal by them, would it have the amount of gain needed for those genres? My other problem is, I'm afraid it could sound bad. Any advice? I could buy the Metal Distortion, but, it may be TOO gainy, I don't really care if it sounds right though.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
The Valve Distortion definitely would have more gain, but gain is way overrated. You really don't need a lot of gain to make something sound heavy.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
Yeah, i play through a Strat, so I would need more gain. It sounds good with hi-gain, but but it requires more than a humbucker would to sound that way.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Go to Guitar Center and just play through a ton of pedals til you find one you like.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
Well, I was wondering if distortion could sound good. As I owned a Boss DS-1, *shudders*

But I did plan on that
Quote by chip46