Can someone tell me what scale is used for the into of Prequel to the Sequel by BtBaM?
Looking at the tab it looks like E major to me.

I don't feel like finding out what tuning that is, though. I'm just assuming it's C# standard (making the scale technically C# major, but it's the E shape), but I only use E standard so I don't recognize many other tunings simply by sight.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by TbaLL
Can someone tell me what scale is used for the into of Prequel to the Sequel by BtBaM?

The intro is an Emaj7 arpeggio, and then a Dmaj7 arpeggio, and then repeats. So I guess alternating E major and D major, every bar (or maybe its every two bars).
I imagine that the D natural is an accidental which would form a bVII chord to E major, based on isaac_bandits' information - I haven't actually heard the song.
Quote by Declan87
I imagine that the D natural is an accidental which would form a bVII chord to E major, based on isaac_bandits' information - I haven't actually heard the song.

It sounds like its just going from E to D. The two melodies are very similar only transposed down a tone, and when the 11 is played, both of them have ♮11's, while a ♭VII would have a ♯11 above it.
Quote by TbaLL
yea its in C# standard so its C#maj7 to Bmaj7 right?

Yeah. I treat the guitar as a transposing instrument (in A in this case) when all the strings are tuned down equally, so it'd be Emaj7 and Dmaj7 for the guitarist, but the concert pitches would be C♯maj7 and Bmaj7.
its a transposing instrument but when play it in E standard it sounds like crap and when i tune my gibson down to C# standard it sounds like shit
Quote by TbaLL
its a transposing instrument but when play it in E standard it sounds like crap and when i tune my gibson down to C# standard it sounds like shit

If all the other instruments were also playing a minor third above the recording it would sound fine. You just need to get a band together to play. If you want to tune your guitar down then get some heavier strings (probably .012's), and all shall be good. You'll need to go down to that low C♯ anyways, so you can't get away just moving everything down three frets.