Hey, I just got a halfstack, and (unfortunately) it came with no speaker cables. I noticed it has two speaker outputs on the head, and two holes on the cab. Do I only need one cable? What do the two holes on the cab do? Thanks.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Dec 25, 2009,
Is this for that fuzzy pic of an Acoustic in the Holiday Thread?

2 speaker outs is usually for running two cabs.
If the cab has 2 jacks you need to find out if that is for 16 and 4 ohms or 2-8s. Cab may be split in Series/Parallel for stereo operation.
You can use an instrument cable temporarily as long as don't crank it.

(need more info)

Edit: Yeah you only need one cable to operate (mono), match ohms whatever you do, HTH has this thread.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Dec 25, 2009,
You only need one cable.

The two holes in your cabinet means that your cabinet is a stereo cabinet. When you run one output into the speaker input, you run 2 speakers. If you plug both in it's 4. If you run one cable just switch the cabinet to the mono setting (There should be a switch) and match the ohm rating.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Is this for that fuzzy pic of an Acoustic?

2 speaker outs is usually for running two cabs.
If the cab has 2 jacks you need to find out if that is for 16 and 4 ohms or 2-8s. Cab may be split in Series/Parallel for stereo operation.
You can use an instrument cable temporarily as long as don't crank it.

(need more info)

Yes.

How much would "cranking it" be?

The cab is an Acoustic 115, the head is the Acoustic B200H.
Quote by Alex Vik
Yes.

How much would "cranking it" be?

The cab is an Acoustic 115, the head is the Acoustic B200H.

Pretty damn loud. At 200 watts I don't think you'll be needing to crank the thing anyways.

Just get a speaker cable ASAP, they aren't that expensive.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Pretty damn loud. At 200 watts I don't think you'll be needing to crank the thing anyways.

Just get a speaker cable ASAP, they aren't that expensive.

Yeah, I just went from 10 to 200 watts, so I'm expecting a huge difference in volume

I've got to wait until tomorrow to do that, since it's Christmas and no one's open
Quote by Alex Vik
Yeah, I just went from 10 to 200 watts, so I'm expecting a huge difference in volume

I've got to wait until tomorrow to do that, since it's Christmas and no one's open

That's true. But hey, on Boxing Day you can probably get a bunch for the price of one.

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster