Hey, I'm looking into buying a dynamic mic (sm57 or e609) for home recording of my guitar playing.

I know Shure has a package for the sm57 that includes a device that connects the mic to the computer via the device's USB port.

Shown here.

I was wondering, though, since Sannheiser doesn't seem to offer anything like that, what would be the easiest way to record from the mic to my computer recording software while still preserving all of the quality?

Thanks alot!
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
You would need a preamp of some sort for your mic. M.I. Audio and plenty of companies make them. Look around and see which ones suit your need.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Before you buy a SM57, I'd check this out;

http://www.speakerrepair.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=microphones

I use one of their mic's in lieu of a '57 and it A/B's to be nearly identical (the only perceptible difference being slightly less bass response).

As for recording, I use that mic into a Peavey USB Mixer, but I'm looking to pick up a preamp as well. That's the route I would go (as long as you only need to record one channel at a time).
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue