I am thinking of buying a Red Special replica, but I have have heard reports of the neck being quite chunky. My Les Paul Standard has the perfect size for my fingers (could be I'm just used to it), and I was wondering if anyone knew exactly how large it is?

24'' scale (Depth: 22mm at 1st fret - 24mm at 12th fret)

24 fret - ebony fingerboard (width 45mm at 0 fret ... 57mm at 24th fret)

That's the RS specs, how does this compare to a regular Epiphone Les Paul Standard?

I'm ordering from Brian May Guitars, so if anyone has any experience with this guitar, feel free to share!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Last edited by Demon Wolf at Dec 25, 2009,
I'm not going to lie, I have no idea how they compare, but let's be honest, is this REALLY going to affect whether or not you're going to buy the guitar? I doubt it...
Can't find the exact specs on the Epi Standard, but it's supposed to be made to Gibson specs and the Gibson Standard has a nut width of 1.695", which is about 43mm. So basically, the RS will be a little wider, probably a little thicker as well...But if I were you, I'd go with it, it seems like a much better guitar and you can probably adjust to the bigger neck pretty quickly. Best I can tell you without actually playing one.
Thanks for the help, I am going to get it.

I'll be ordering it from the UK since it'll save me over 200 euros.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"