I'm trying to record some riffs using my Line 6 UX2 through Pod Farm. This is working well for me. What I am having trouble with is the actual 'saving' of riffs I guess you could say.

I am using Fruity Loops 9, and doing my recording through there. When I record my riffs, I of course want the metronome/drums in the back so my timing won't be off. But whenever I record through Fruity Loops and the drums are going, the drums get included in the guitar track, so I can't isolate the damn guitar into a separate track.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Also, if you know of any better recording programs go ahead and suggest them.

Thanks!
Gear List:
ESP LTD EC-1000, Amber Sunburst with Duncans
Ibanez AJ30ECE Acoustic-Electric
Line 6 Spider II 210 120 watt
Line 6 UX2
Hmmm, I could be completely misunderstanding the question... But (don't use FL) in most DAWs there's an "add track" function, which is where the 'multi-track' aspect comes in.

Following that (if this is the case) then you can also assign each track to a different function (ie. Assign one track to receive recordings, and the others to simply play along side.)

I hope this helps!
I get what you are saying. I'm going to try a different program to record and see if that will work.
Gear List:
Line 6 UX2
I tried doing what you said and it worked. Thanks a bunch!
Gear List:
Line 6 UX2