View poll results: Which guitar?
Natural Korina
4 57%
Black
2 29%
Different guitar (please specify)
1 14%
Voters: 7.
I got $300 for Christmas, and am in need of a new guitar. I love the Explorer shape, so I've been looking at the Hamer Standards. So far, I've found one in natural Korina and one in black with one pickup changed. Which one do you guys think I should get? I play hard rock, Metallica, alt rock, and a little classic rock.

And because I know you're gonna ask, my amp is a Fender Super Champ XD.
black imo.The hamer headstock just doesn't suit korina for some reason,epi korina explorers are the shit tho and make sure to post a ngd when you get it.I'm curious to know how they play at such a low price.
Yeah, I also want to see what others thought of it. I haven't played the koruna epiphone, but I tried the black one before and I didn't like it.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Dec 25, 2009,
well if you didn't like it then i doubt your gonna like the same one(basically)except it's korina,which isn't to different from mahogany anyhow.
Quote by ReynboLightning
well if you didn't like it then i doubt your gonna like the same one(basically)except it's korina,which isn't to different from mahogany anyhow.

He was talking about the Epi.
1999 Fender '69 Thinline Telecaster Reissue
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm
Korina for sure. I have owned several Korina guitars by Gibson and Epi they always had great tone. Hamer makes a nice guitar. I have a Flying V by them I cherish I want to get the Explorer in the same finish and condition so I can have sisters.

John