Page 1 of 7
Robert Downey Jr is always praised as being a great actor, but honestly, it always seems like he plays the same character in every film I've seen him in.

What other actors who always get praised for their acting usually play the same character over and over again.
I'm gonna be the first to throw in the classic: Sandler.

Oh wait, GOOD actors...
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Micheal Cera has always played the same role in every single movie he has been in.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Quote by thedefrockednun
Jack Nicholson
Rowan Atkinson

Can't agree with you here I'm afraid, Mr Bean and Blackadder are almost opposites.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
maybe thats what makes these people good actors

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by josh999x
Christian Bale.

Beat me to it. The guy has one character, recycled again and again.
A whole lot of actors fall into this category tbh.

Don't think it's always their fault though. I mean cmon, it's so easy to type cast someone like Michael Cera or Bruce Willis or whoever. You don't really know how good they are till they get something totally out there as a role.

Think about Heath Ledger in Dark Knight. Before that he was mostly thought of as just your traditional male romantic lead dude, prolly cause he was type cast that way.
Quote by WaitWhat?
Can't agree with you here I'm afraid, Mr Bean and Blackadder are almost opposites.

But blackadder and his Thin Blue Line character were very similar.
Seth Rogen. That's not to say I don't enjoy every character he plays. For me, I consider every character the same dude, who only shows up in hysterical movies.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.

Not that I'm complaining.

EDIT: Fixed broken pic.
Last edited by TheBadPlace at Dec 25, 2009,
Quote by Confusius
Woody Allen pretty much always plays the same character even though it's hilarious.

This photographer came to my school who looked exactly like him.

Trufax
the veteran actors that have been named (al pacino, jack nicholson, etc) already proved themselves to be versatile actors back when they were young. Younger actors like bale have been playing the same character their entire career.
Most actors have a role that they are best at.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433

Aye, though it's also true that there are some actors that can play many more than that role.
Michael ****ing Cera. He was funny in superbad, but he is the same pathetic, unconfident teenager in every single movie.

Quote by sticksause
the veteran actors that have been named (al pacino, jack nicholson, etc) already proved themselves to be versatile actors back when they were young. Younger actors like bale have been playing the same character their entire career.

Watch American Psycho and then tell me Christian Bale is the same in every movie.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Jim Carrey? Thou I'm not sure if he's good but still...
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I just Google "Elephant penis", and was strangely aroused.

Apparently, I'm a good shitter

Quote by TomusAM
jonne.i just took the best dump I ever seen
Quote by element4433

True enough. I see a difference between actors who found a niche they were really good in and stuck with it, and actors who always play the same role because they have no range (which I wouldn't describe any of the ones mentioned so far as). If an actor's really good in/sticks to a role, I actually like that; without knowing anything else about it I pretty much know what to expect from a movie with, say, Clint Eastwood or Seth Rogen.
Sean Connery, just because of his accent, he can be playing a spanish guy, but still have a scottish accent

he is awesome though
John C McGinley from experience, though in fairness I haven't seen The Rock or Platoon, but he is the same in Office Space and Scrubs
Quote by TheBadPlace
True enough. I see a difference between actors who found a niche they were really good in and stuck with it, and actors who always play the same role because they have no range (which I wouldn't describe any of the ones mentioned so far as). If an actor's really good in/sticks to a role, I actually like that; without knowing anything else about it I pretty much know what to expect from a movie with, say, Clint Eastwood or Seth Rogen.

I wouldn't put Rogen and Eastwood together in the same bag though...

And Jim Carey's role isn't exactly his typical role in Eternal Sunshine For The Spotless Mind, is it?
Quote by Confusius
I wouldn't put Rogen and Eastwood together in the same bag though...

Well no. Just in terms of, for lack of a better term, role consistency, there might be a comparison, is what I mean.
Will Farrel! He plays the same exact role in every movie! I can't even watch his movies anymore
Jeff Loomis

Myspace.com/geneticbydesign
Quote by jonne.i
Jim Carrey? Thou I'm not sure if he's good but still...

he was amazing in eternal sunshine
not much of a deep character or anything, but definitely different, i guess.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Tom Hanks.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by Confusius
And Jim Carey's role isn't exactly his typical role in Eternal Sunshine For The Spotless Mind, is it?

And neither was his performance in The Truman Show.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Robin Williams more or less, he always has the same sad face in about every movie. Not that he's that great or anything.
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
Quote by thedefrockednun
Jack Nicholson

Really? Because The Shining and The Bucket List were exactly the same.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
robert deniro. with the exceptions of taxi driver and awakenings i can't think of a movie where he isn't some tough-talking new yorker (even though that sort of even applies to taxi driver)
#DTWD
Quote by tayroar
Really? Because The Shining and The Bucket List were exactly the same.

and five easy pieves. and easy rider. and batman.

yeah ... whoever said jack nicholson is just wrong.
#DTWD