http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RGT42FXQM-Electric-Guitar?sku=512369
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=516629V

I've heard nothing but good things about both companies. I would normally go to Guitar Center and try both before buying but I no longer live within a state of one and all the stores around here sell crap.

I play heavier music and use a lot of drop tunings. My favorite bands are Underoath, August Burns Red, and a few others along those lines. Which do you UGers think would fit my tastes better?
Well I'd go for the Ibanez anyday but the LTD got EMGs, which is kinda nice.
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
I say the ESP LTD, but im kinda biast in this one, i have been dying to get my hands on one i have heard great things about them and i played a my buds and i played one at guitar center and i love the way it feels but, i would recommend you try to do some youtube search and see if anyone on their plays one within your style of music maybe ask them how they like it
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends
I have an eclipse 1000 and its awesome, specially for metal . I suggest that you play both guitars before you decide if you have the chance .

I havent played with that ibanez guitar but you cant go wrong with the LTD its an AMAZING guitar for the money.
Gear:
- Washburn WG 248
- LTD EC 1000 (blk)
- Randall RG100SC
- TS-808 DIY w/clipping mod

Pics here
Well... In my opinion it all comes down to wanting active pickups or not..
I'd get the LTD just because you could yank those EMGs, sell them, and with the money from that buy some good pickups. The Ibanez, meanwhile, has INF pickups which are both terrible and worthless.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
I'd get the LTD just because you could yank those EMGs, sell them, and with the money from that buy some good pickups. The Ibanez, meanwhile, has INF pickups which are both terrible and worthless.

Yeah but Ibanez is also a neck thru and has a different feel to the EC. And lets be honest that stuff isn't easy to change
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Yeah but Ibanez is also a neck thru and has a different feel to the EC. And lets be honest that stuff isn't easy to change
I dunno man. There's only ever been one guitar that had a "feel" (quite apart for an apparent lack of quality; I'm talking about neck profile) I couldn't cope with. It was a Fender Telecaster relicsomethingorother that had a baseball bat for a neck.

The whole neck-through thing on the Ibanez doesn't really mean much to me. The AANJ gives you such unencumbered access to the high frets that any improvements are imperceptible.

Anyways, dude doesn't live near a GC so he can't go and try out these guitars. It's pretty much an "on paper" battle and, on paper, the LTD wins.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
wouldn't getting the LTD 1000 be the better of the choice?

Before the EC-1000 dropped to $599+, it was being sold as a $900 guitar, while the ibanez was still at its current pricing.

The LTD 1000 has little trinkets like tone pros locking bridge, earvanna, EMGs, locking tuners, sounds like the better deal then just generic/OEM everything.

Id go for the EC for the locking tuners and earvanna(wanted to try it out :P)

If you compared the EC-1000 to a entry prestige, then thats different though...
Iampeter kind of beat me to it, but the EC-1000 was like a $1k guitar. The quality of it blows the ibanez out of the water. You would have to get a Prestige for an Ibanez to even compare to the LTD.

I love my LTD to death, but I am in the process of changing the pickups to some passives. The neck is pretty godly though, it is not neck-through, but I have no issue reaching the 24th fret. The neck is like a mix between the super-thin Ibanez D shape and the semi-thin fender C-shape, so it is very comfortable (easily my favorite neck profile of all time, ESP is genius). Not to mention that the eclipse series is drop dead gorgeous.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke