Ok! So i got a brand new Line 6 UX1 Pod Studio for christmas. So happy! BUT because i orignally wanted the UX2, im thinking about exchanging and paying the difference for the UX1s bigger brother. Only thing is...Is it worth it? I think its only a fifty dollar difference, but are the extra inputs on the UX2 and whatever other features worth going through the hassle, or will i be just as happy with the UX1?

Be advised, i am a first time recorder and just getting into it, hopefully recording all different styles of music.

Thanks guys, and merry christmas!
The UX2 has an extra mic input and phantom power. Also, when you activate it with Line 6 they give a whole bunch of free effects for POD. Honestly, the $50 extra are totally worth.
I got mine a few weeks ago, I love it. I can't say anything about the UX1 though.
Gear List:
ESP LTD EC-1000, Amber Sunburst with Duncans
Ibanez AJ30ECE Acoustic-Electric
Line 6 Spider II 210 120 watt
Line 6 UX2
What exactly is phantom power?
Like what's the differences with and without it?
Is it only needed for the mics that need phantom power?

I'm starting to be convinced to get this instead of a GX
Last edited by Clay-man at Dec 25, 2009,
Quote by Clay-man
What exactly is phantom power?
Like what's the differences with and without it?
Is it only needed for the mics that need phantom power?

I'm starting to be convinced to get this instead of a GX

Phantom power means you can use Condenser microphones, no phantom power means you can only use Dynamics.

If you're only going to record guitars then phantom power is by no means necessary (lots of pro albums have guitars recorded with just dynamic mics) and to be honest I've never seen the point in two input interfaces, so theres not a lot of reason to upgrade to the UX2 unless you really want quality vocals later on.
Quote by Beefmo
Phantom power means you can use Condenser microphones, no phantom power means you can only use Dynamics.

If you're only going to record guitars then phantom power is by no means necessary (lots of pro albums have guitars recorded with just dynamic mics) and to be honest I've never seen the point in two input interfaces, so theres not a lot of reason to upgrade to the UX2 unless you really want quality vocals later on.

I've been thinking about getting a UX1 instead of a GX because I was thinking I'd probably end up getting a XLR for professional vocal stuff, like a good microphone with a limiter that's good for loud death metal vocals and singing.