Hey Guys! Merry Christmas for everyone . He's the deal: I want to buy a little tube combo for practise in my bedroom. I don't want to spent more than 150€. I have this in mind:

- Laney Cub8
- Epiphone Valve Junior
- Harley Benton GA5

It's to play mostly Red Hot Chili Peppers stuff (John Frusciante) and that kind of music. I have a Fender Stratocaster and a Tech21 SansAmp distortion pedal. I just want good cleans and a good valve distortion. The HB GA5 is cheap, and with a good speaker it's the same amp that de Epi VJr, right? Plus it have tone knoob. What you think? Do you suggest something else?
Cheers!
^bugera for chili-esque rock? not so sure

valve junior is a good way to go by my reckoning, though i haven't played the hb but it will always be a cheaper amp if you change the speaker that's the last you can do... again haven't played it
^I've heard about reabillity issues about the Bugera. It's that true? Or it can be better than the other amps that i've mencioned?

edit: @doive

I always had heard that the HB it's a copy from Valve Jr, so i thought they were the same :S .
Last edited by Op3a at Dec 25, 2009,
yeah the HB and the VJ come from the same factory and are the same. so your paying for the name on that one
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by guitarsftw
Look into a Bugera V5

+1
Haven't heard of any reliability issues with the V5, as far I know most of the issues are in the past. The V5 would suit you well and it's in your budget.
if I were you I'd get the Harley Benton GA15 - extra wattage is handy, as is the FX loop, and the 3 band EQ will really help you shape your tone. It will be loud (no MV) but if all your OD tones come from pedals anyway you'll find a better clean with the extra headroom.
VOX AC4TV I got one today for Christmas. Very loose valve distortion, which I like. However, you have to have the volume lower than a quarter way to get a clean sound, but when you do, it's heavenly. Sounds good for you. And it has an attenuator to go from 4W to 1W to 1/4W (VERY useful).

And also the Bugera V5 might suit you well. Also has an attenuator.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by aaronni
+1
Haven't heard of any reliability issues with the V5, as far I know most of the issues are in the past. The V5 would suit you well and it's in your budget.

+ 1234567890

this amp is far better the a epi valve junior. It's also not much more.

Perfect for the tones your looking for.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Quote by lkngro
VOX AC4TV I got one today for Christmas. Very loose valve distortion, which I like. However, you have to have the volume lower than a quarter way to get a clean sound, but when you do, it's heavenly. Sounds good for you. And it has an attenuator to go from 4W to 1W to 1/4W (VERY useful).

And also the Bugera V5 might suit you well. Also has an attenuator.

Here in Portugal, the VOX is to expensive for me. I'm between the Bugera V5 and the HB GA5/GA15. Wich will have better cleans?
Cheers
Oh, since you can't get the VOX, go for the Bugera.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Hmm well I have a Bugera V5, Blackheart BH5-112 and I had a valve jr. combo that I sold to a good friend of mine.
I haven't had the bugera long but I think it's a pretty nice amp for what you pay. The valve junior I think is pretty bare bones. I didn't really care for mine too much. The blackheart I loved but it's hardly a blackheart anymore. Something in it, I think the bridge rectifier shorted and it cooked the power transformer so my friend and amp tech replaced it for me and decided to just go to town on it while he had it apart. I can't really in good conscious recommend something when it crapped out on me.
I think you'll be happy with the bugera.
Yeah they do. Just check out some videos on youtube. They're kind of..."woody." Though I think you should get an EQ pedal to add more bass.

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
if I were you I'd get the Harley Benton GA15 - extra wattage is handy, as is the FX loop, and the 3 band EQ will really help you shape your tone. It will be loud (no MV) but if all your OD tones come from pedals anyway you'll find a better clean with the extra headroom.

now i dont know about the tone of that amp, but i wish it was avail in the US. low price and great features! i would only be hesitant on the lack of separate volume/gain knobs, but that amp looks so good