ok so i got this new M-audio interface for xmas, the only problem is that i cant hear any sounds from my computers when its hooked up. ive tried installing the stuff on 2 windows and a mac and still dont hear any sound. all i have is the USB connecting the interface into the computer and then my guitar plugged into the face. WTF am i doing wrong? also on the programs such as garageband on Mac it shows that the sound is being recognized whenever i strike a string but i cant hear it.n yes ive ****ed around with all the volume controls.....
Quote by steve98614
ok so i got this new M-audio interface for xmas, the only problem is that i cant hear any sounds from my computers when its hooked up. ive tried installing the stuff on 2 windows and a mac and still dont hear any sound. all i have is the USB connecting the interface into the computer and then my guitar plugged into the face. WTF am i doing wrong? also on the programs such as garageband on Mac it shows that the sound is being recognized whenever i strike a string but i cant hear it.n yes ive ****ed around with all the volume controls.....

Do you have speakers or headphones hooked up to the interface, as opposed to your normal computer's output jack?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
i dont have either hooked up to the interface... do i need something plugging into the headphone jack on it?
If you have headphones, plug them into the headphone jack. If you have monitors or other speakers, plug them into the outputs in your interface and try it.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Speakers or headphones probably need to be plugged into the interface. And depending on the program you're using, there may be a button on the screen that says "input monitoring" or something similar when you hover your mouse over it. You'll need to click that.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!