So today I was at my relative's house, and being Irish, every one of them was completely pissed drunk (I was offered beer but I was the designated driver).

Anyway, one of my mom's nephews got some very cheap Fender knock-off and a shitty 10 watt amp for Christmas and decided to bring it around. I tried tuning it for him, but it was terrible and the strings were at cruising altitude over the fretboard. Plus I suck at tuning by hear

But everyone else being drunk and having no to little knowledge of guitar, started shouting for me to play them something. Now here's the thing; I play metal. Metal and more metal. So I hate being asked to play stuff by people. I kept refusing, and eventually they asked my sister (to whom I had given guitar lessons) to play. She belted out with enthusiasm 'Smoke on the Water' by 'you know who' and everyone cheered and stuff.

Then they kept shouting for me... My Mom and Dad were saying to everyone: "Dave's shit hot at guitar, really," and everyone wanted me to play. I got offered €10 to play, and thought about playing the intro to 'Nothing Else Matters', but I refused to play on a guitar that was out of tune and that felt like cardboard, because I would sound horrible.

I would have loved to show them my guitar playing skills, but the guitar was horrible. I felt like a dissapointment then after refusing. On the upside, I drove for the first time outside of a lesson today, 15 miles.

Have you ever been put on the spot Pit, and if so, do you like it or hate it?
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Only once and it turned out brilliantly. A party, someone had a guitar, handed it to me and told me songs to play. I figured them out by ear, sometimes missed a chord but nobody cared.

It was alot of fun.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Yea sometimes, I like it because if its guitar I just play the tapping part from eruption and everyone cums. If its a bass I just play a few of my licks and everyone's like "you wrote that!?!??!?!". So yea I like it
I was in school playing in the music room with an acoustic. My friend came up to me and ask me to play Master of Puppets for another one of my friends (Who is pretty hot) but I wasn't tuned up to the album so I played and it sounded like shit.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I was at a christmas party last night and they wanted me to play something, but I refused. Maybe if I actually learned some party songs it might be good, but most of what I know is not the sing-a-long type, and besides, I get too nervous by myself, if I had one of my bandmates with me or something I probably would have done it.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
I ****ing hate this
I'm a guitar teacher and everyone always expects me to play amazing stuff and it's really annoying i was at a party once and people finally convinced me to play but like every fret on this crappy guitar was atleast 8 or 9 cents off and it sounded awful
the person who was hosting the party (also the one who owned the guitar) was someone who was going to take lessons with me
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Yea sometimes, I like it because if its guitar I just play the tapping part from eruption and everyone cums. If its a bass I just play a few of my licks and everyone's like "you wrote that!?!??!?!". So yea I like it

playing bass in front of people is the best you just do octave slapping with muted slaps and pops in between and it's literally like head implosions all around the room (provided there aren't any bass players there )
Quote by MLilienthal
I ****ing hate this
I'm a guitar teacher and everyone always expects me to play amazing stuff and it's really annoying i was at a party once and people finally convinced me to play but like every fret on this crappy guitar was atleast 8 or 9 cents off and it sounded awful
the person who was hosting the party (also the one who owned the guitar) was someone who was going to take lessons with me

This is how I feel. But if someone asked me to play something on my own guitar and my own amp, I would melt faces. But being out and about, I don't have that luxury.

Maybe I should go learn some generic songs everyone knows...
Bertolt Bretcht

You should have just played to shut em up. They wouldn't even remember anyways.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by KirkMetallica
This is how I feel. But if someone asked me to play something on my own guitar and my own amp, I would melt faces. But being out and about, I don't have that luxury.

Maybe I should go learn some generic songs everyone knows...

Yeah
well acoustic guitar I just play fingerstyle and sometimes sing that's a lot easier to be impressive
electric guitar can be really difficult.. especially when you're by yourself
never know what to play

snow is always a good face melting one for the masses (rhcp)
I walked into a party where everyone was like 5 or 6 years older than me and got handed a guitar by the only person i knew there. And then he left the room.... So i played a little RATM and a little Tool. Next thing I know people are handing me shots. It was good times
op you have the instincts of a female, grow a sack of nuts and man up, they were piss drunk you could have banged on a table with spoons and they would have cheered you on, who cares if its out of tune

sometimes you need to have fun with what you have, you arent being judged, it wasnt a professional setting

maybe if you grew a set and drank a beer or 2 you would have been more loose and social , and you would have had a fun night to remember,

like the old saying goes

"Never trust a man who doesnt drink"
i hate it too
i usually bust out with smoke on the water cuz its hard to mess up
Gear so far:
Dean Vendetta XMT
Roland Microcube

Infiltrate the system and rot it from the inside-out.
no i dont hate being asked to play because i actually enjoy having people clap for me plus i can play more than one genre.........
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Kid Lucas
op you have the instincts of a female, grow a sack of nuts and man up, they were piss drunk you could have banged on a table with spoons and they would have cheered you on, who cares if its out of tune

sometimes you need to have fun with what you have, you arent being judged, it wasnt a professional setting

maybe if you grew a set and drank a beer or 2 you would have been more loose and social , and you would have had a fun night to remember,

like the old saying goes

"Never trust a man who doesnt drink"

Image aren't working, but the jist is: Shut the **** up.
Bertolt Bretcht

Last edited by KirkMetallica at Dec 25, 2009,
Are you ****ing shitting me? How about you **** off and do something better with your free time than act the tought man on an internet forum? Ya big ****in tough man. You're so cool because you're telling me to grow a pair. I have bigger balls than you would ever have.
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by KirkMetallica
Image aren't working, but the jist is: Shut the **** up.

He's right. Why the **** do you care if they think your any good? You just ruined their good time.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by KirkMetallica
Are you ****ing shitting me? How about you **** off and do something better with your free time than act the tought man on an internet forum? Ya big ****in tough man. You're so cool because you're telling me to grow a pair. I have bigger balls than you would ever have.

bahahah, you're the internet tough guy.

Try learning other genres you fookin idiot.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Ooh, how ackward.

Shoulda played a few punk power chords and told the drunk people it was metulz. They wouldn't have known the difference.
Quote by dustyboy316
bahahah, you're the internet tough guy.

Try learning other genres you fookin idiot.

It's my choice if I wanted to play or not, I'm 17, there were my parents and my aunts and grandparents there, it's not like I was at a proper party. Jesus, some people need to grow up a bit.
Bertolt Bretcht