I just got a fender hot red deluxe today and I realized that while the clean channel is amazing, the drive channel sucks and sounds like a bunch of bees.

I'm looking to get a distortion or overdive to either play from the clean channel or use with the drive channel to smooth it out some. I'm playing a fender strat though it and I mostly play red hot chili peppers, rage against the machine, and 311.

So far I've looked at a big muff and that seemed like a pretty nice distortion. What are some other pedals that would give me a frusciante type tone with that amp?
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Any other suggestions and maybe some info on any items suggested? How's the big muff?
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I have the Hardwire SC-2, and the thing is awesome. It's one of the most versatile pedals I've tried. I know absolutely nothing about 311, but it should get those other tones just fine.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
John Frusciante uses a DS-2 and a Big Muff, pretty affordable pedals.
Quote by arpraron
John Frusciante uses a DS-2 and a Big Muff, pretty affordable pedals.

modded.....with high quality amp........ur missing alot of the story
The hardwire sc-2 looks nice but I think it might be a little to high gain/too bright for me. Any info on the ds-2? I've heard mixed things about it.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
If anyone is interested I ended up buying the little big muff. I went to Sam ash today and tried out the ds-2,ds-1,big muff, little big muff, and the hardwire sc-2. The ds-1 sounded to harsh and the ds-2 was the same with another channel. The sc-2 sounded pretty good but it was a little to thin and trebly. Then I tried the big muff and it sounded thick and creamy, just what I was looking for. I then saw the little big muff and decided to try it out since it was cheaper and smaller. It sounded almost exactly the same as the big muff so I ended up buying it.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M