ok, so these are basically the same model of bass, but the delux is MIM the 50s is made in the US. the delux is about $150-$200 cheaper, but since its MIM it might not be as weel made as the 50s version. which one should i get? i could get either in a couple months of saving, and i want the best bass i can get. and i have heard that some MIM are just as good if not better then the US models, but i rather go for the sure thing. any advice is accepted. thanks
There is a saying in poetry, "show me, don't tell me." here you are announcing everything, like an announcer to a sporting event. "Dave has the ball. Dave passes the ball. Dave picks his ass."

~Zanascross

XD epic win
They basically aren't the same model of bass. One is active and has a P/J config, whilst the other is passive with only a split coil. The Special also has a jazz bass neck and a flatter fretboard. Both instruments are going to be well made, but the differences run a fair bit farther than where they were made.
ah lol, then i was ill informed. my bad lol. then i guess ill go with the delu cuz i want that p'j combo. thanks
There is a saying in poetry, "show me, don't tell me." here you are announcing everything, like an announcer to a sporting event. "Dave has the ball. Dave passes the ball. Dave picks his ass."

~Zanascross

XD epic win