I have a Line 6 Spider III 15w, and i am looking to replaace it. I have narrowed the choices down to a marshall mg30dfx, vox valvetronix 15 and a peavey vypyr 15, my budget is 200 dollars. i play classic rock so are anY of these amps good and if not which ones are better?
Valvetronix is dead-on for classic rock because cleans and crunchy warm tones are what it does best. And the clean channels also take fuzz pedals really well. Get one today at the GC web site and you can get 15% off with the XMAS coupon code and then file the $50 rebate from the Vox web site.
the boss ds-1 sounds bad in general...
I have the valvetronix.. great amp for the price. Stay away from the Marshall MG!
Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX w/ Seymour Duncans and an OFR
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 Head
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Quote by Leeav
the boss ds-1 sounds bad in general...
I have the valvetronix.. great amp for the price. Stay away from the Marshall MG!

can the 15w be heard over drums? or should i go with the 30w
are you looking for an amp for band practise and gigging? Well, if you are looking at solid state amps I would recommend at least a 30 watt, probably more.

When cranked, solid state amps sound bad so go for as high wattage as you can.
Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX w/ Seymour Duncans and an OFR
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 Head
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Quote by Leeav
are you looking for an amp for band practise and gigging? Well, if you are looking at solid state amps I would recommend at least a 30 watt, probably more.

When cranked, solid state amps sound bad so go for as high wattage as you can.

thanks. so it looks like im going for valvetronix.
Go for the Vox.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.