so here i am, looking for a good modulation pedal, i will be needing a few many to play the style i am looking for, a la pink floyd 70's and 80's

i am looking either for one pedal, or many pedals, I just need ideas toward what pedals to get

i have (without naming) a volume, wah, tuner, mxr compressor, diamond fireburst, ts9 tubescreamer, mi audio tubezone, empress superdelay, dunlop rotovibe, fish n'chips EQ

now i need alot of ideas, budget is good but not excessive
for floyd i would style in 70's and 80's i would probably go toward an ada flanger, boss ce-1 for chorus and a mutron phaser II or biphase for phaser. i would then get a good analog stylish delay, maybe t-rex replica. a spring reverb tank would be good too.

those pedal/devices will be very expensive. a tc electronic scf will get you a good way there but that is also high dollar and not dynamic enough.

if you want to get awesome modulation for in general use then an effectrode vibra chorus will work quite well. also high dollar.

don't know too much cheap stuff. i here danelectro pedals are good for the price. a boss phase shifter is also good for the price. but both won't really get you desired results. something like a mxr carbon copy or a eh memory boy and a danelectro cool cat is the best option i can come up with on a budget. unless you want to go for entirely overprocessed sounds, in that case go with a cheaper multi effects unit like a boss or digitech. tc electronic G# multi effects unit look good for higher end multi effects.

edit: just noticed you already have delay, that'll do ya. for a more pink floyd tone use the delay's low pass filter to muddy up the delay trail off.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
for floyd i would style in 70's and 80's i would probably go toward an ada flanger, boss ce-1 for chorus and a mutron phaser II or biphase for phaser. i would then get a good analog stylish delay, maybe t-rex replica. a spring reverb tank would be good too.

those pedal/devices will be very expensive. a tc electronic scf will get you a good way there but that is also high dollar and not dynamic enough.

if you want to get awesome modulation for in general use then an effectrode vibra chorus will work quite well. also high dollar.

don't know too much cheap stuff. i here danelectro pedals are good for the price. a boss phase shifter is also good for the price. but both won't really get you desired results. something like a mxr carbon copy or a eh memory boy and a danelectro cool cat is the best option i can come up with on a budget. unless you want to go for entirely overprocessed sounds, in that case go with a cheaper multi effects unit like a boss or digitech. tc electronic G# multi effects unit look good for higher end multi effects.

edit: just noticed you already have delay, that'll do ya. for a more pink floyd tone use the delay's low pass filter to muddy up the delay trail off.

ya i use it on tapE setting already with a fast mod.......

hows the eventide modfactor?
Last edited by ferguson911 at Dec 25, 2009,
mod factor is fantastic. got to play one at alpha right when it happened to come in. imo it would follow more along the line of synth style effects. lots of range, tons and tons of useful tones. it's effects remind me alot of mutron's photo optic circuits in how strong and deep they sound with lush sweeps.

the modfactor will most likely have quite a few usable pink floyd style effects but it will be very usable in a wide range of applications.

if you like the mod factor's crazy potential then i would recommend the eh HOG as well, i own it and it has lots of uses as well, not quite comparable in effect with the mod factor though
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
honestly - you need a wide variety of good FX at a resondable cost - I say TC Electronics Nova System.

i dont beleive i want a processor, i want some stompboxes