So I saw an ad in Guitar Aficionado for a limited release 24k gold wah that will be a limited release for 2010. I looked on the dunlop site and didn't see any information it it. Does anyone know anything about this? Release date? Estimated Price?

I know this will be expensive for what it is, but given the history of a this wah I'd love to get my hands on it.
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R
I can pretty much guarantee you that they're already sold-out.

Also, you know the old saying regarding price "if you have to ask..."? Yeah...
Question is. What on earth would you do with a 24K gold wah pedal? It would be one heavy little bastard.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by colin617
I can pretty much guarantee you that they're already sold-out.

Also, you know the old saying regarding price "if you have to ask..."? Yeah...

Why would you say this? How low do you think the production is?
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE

Amp
Avid 11R
Quote by ANTHONYLBEST

Usually companies don't produce many of items like this because if there's so many of them, they won't all sell. As you can imagine, it'd cost quite a bit to make them. If they don't sell some of them, they won't make any profit.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I'm sure it's not solid gold, but rather gold-plated or some such.

Especially since it's 24k. 24k would literally melt under the weight of your foot.

Was there actually a picture? Because in theory it could just refer to the input/output jacks.
Quote by Minion2580
What are some things I should do to make sure I don't touch the wrong thing and die?

Gears:

Vox AC30HH +Avatar 2x12
Martin D-35 Dreadnaught
Carvin CT6T
Last edited by glemnar at Dec 25, 2009,
There was a picture, I will scan a picture of it when i get home.

24k gold plated would melt under your foot? I was hoping it would be usable...

Yes I am the kind of guy who would buy a 24k gold plated wah and use it. No piece of guitar equipment is worth the price if you won't use it. I own a 7000 dollar PRS, and play it nearly everyday. Because it sounds that good.
- Anthony

Amp
Avid 11R
I'm pretty sure all of us would play 7000 dollar PRS guitars everyday if we had them...
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
It won't be solid gold. 24k would break after a while just like plastic.

Expect it to be gold plated and expect that gold plating to wear off over time.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by Vandals572
I'm pretty sure all of us would play 7000 dollar PRS guitars everyday if we had them...

yep.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by ch0
It won't be solid gold. 24k would break after a while just like plastic.

Expect it to be gold plated and expect that gold plating to wear off over time.

This. The things gonna be pure eyecandy because I'm sure it won't sound much better than their standard fare, if any at all.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
What would anyone do with a gold (plated) wah?

It's something YOU STEP ON. Not exactly a good place for fine jewelry.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by ANTHONYLBEST

First and foremost, I sincerely hope you did not pay $7000 for a PRS Hollowbody I (and then brag about it on the internet). That guitar retails for $3600-$4200.

Secondly, Guitar Aficionado is a magazine for collectors, not players. It is basically the Robb Report for guitarists. Therefore, I am lead to believe that this 24k wah is either: a) a one-off piece or b) a limited run (certainly less than 500, possibly closer to 100) intended for collectors. You're not going to walk into GC/Sam Ash and find one. If you're seriously interested, you can probably email Dunlop and ask them about ordering one; if they're anything like Gibson, they'll do a limited production run and keep going until all the custom orders are met. I would expect to pay no less than $600 (the price of the custom shop rackmount crybaby), but the price is likely higher.

Also, even if the thing is gold plated, it is still a stock Dunlop Crybaby and will invariably sound mediocre at best.
Quote by colin617
First and foremost, I sincerely hope you did not pay $7000 for a PRS Hollowbody I (and then brag about it on the internet). That guitar retails for $3600-$4200.

Sorry, I was referring to the list price. My Singlecut HB I has the artist package and other options that are not normally offered on the guitar. I paid less than 3500 for the guitar. So please accept my apologies, and I am also sorry if I came off as I was bragging about the guitar.
- Anthony

Amp
Avid 11R
Quote by ibanezgod1973
pedals are easy targets for theives at gigs......you`d want armed security for it lol...

This. My PedalPower got stolen at one. But who would actually gig with it? And a huge +1 to everything Colin said.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
You would think they would make every single wire and connection INSIDE the wah gold, long before plating the outside. But whatever, I don't care. Sounds like a damn-nice paperweight to me.

Of course you can't gig with most paperweights
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."