I just got my second guitar for Christmas. It is a Fender Stratocaster standard MIM. There is a rattling sound on the 14th fret of the E and A strings. Can someone is explain what is wrong and how can it be fixed?
Quote by will113445
I just got my second guitar for Christmas. It is a Fender Stratocaster standard MIM. There is a rattling sound on the 14th fret of the E and A strings. Can someone is explain what is wrong and how can it be fixed?

Do you hear it trough your amp or..? I think it might be your action or intonation
Quote by will113445
Nope i can hear it without the amp.

Well, if you don't hear it trough your amp it ain't TOO big of a deal imo.. I'd try set it up / Get it set up by a tech if I were you.. It'll improve the playability for sure and you'll instantly know what caused the problem too^^

I still think it has to do with your action/intonation, even though i find it a bit weird it's only that single fret causing problems... Maybe your fretwire is sticking out a bit too much or something?
Last edited by Gego at Dec 25, 2009,
I guess i'm going to my local music shop tomorrow and letting someone that knows what there doing work on it.
it`s just a bit of fretbuzz, try raising the action, and check the neck relief as per jenny`s(jj165) method in the setup sticky
Thanks for the help guys. I'll be going to my music store tomorrow to get it setup.
hey TS, i understand that it's probably too late, but you might just need to raise the string a bit.

and not at all if the buzz is not transmitted thru the amp.

a tiny allen wrench, used on the pegs located on the front of each saddle, will raise and lower the string.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011