I found the amp on craigslist for only $250, I'm thinking about buying it. I know Crate amps are not great, but I've heard good things about this amp. Plus, Marty Friedman used them, which tells me they could be good. This one is a 90's model with the blue tolex and gold lettering.

Anyone has one of these or know anything about them?
www.youtube.com/user/AlexRGuitar
Gear:
-Egnater Renegade
-LTD EC-401VF
-LTD EC-256
Pedals:
-Crybaby 535Q, & Volume
-TC electronic NovaSystem
-Behringer VM1, VP1
-Line6 M5
-Joyo UD
-Boss NS-2, CH-1
-BBEBoostaGrande
-Moded FabEcho
The Blue Voodoo is a great amp. Crate weren't always primarily a cheapo SS brand.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Sweet, I'm going to go check it out tomorrow, hopefully it works for me.
Gear:
-Egnater Renegade
-LTD EC-401VF
-LTD EC-256
Pedals:
-Crybaby 535Q, & Volume
-Behringer VM1, VP1
-Line6 M5
-Joyo UD
-Boss NS-2, CH-1
-BBEBoostaGrande
-Moded FabEcho
played one the other day. nice tube amp, kind of fizzy at low volumes, but messing around with it a little more or simply cranking it would solve that
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
The Blue Voodoo was supposed to be head an shoulders above everything else that Crate made, and that was probably what doomed it. People weren't ready for a very good all-tube amp from Crate. The one I played through sounded fine, but that was several years ago. Make sure it is in good working order and it should serve you well.
Cool yeah, I have a MG100HDFX which I'll use as a practice amp, then I'll let this baby be my main amp if it turns out good.

I'll make sure everything is good, the guy also said it had been retubed earlier this year, he's just selling it cause he just got a Mesa Dual Rectifier.

thanks guys!
Gear:
-Egnater Renegade
-LTD EC-401VF
-LTD EC-256
Pedals:
-Crybaby 535Q, & Volume
-Behringer VM1, VP1
-Line6 M5
-Joyo UD
-Boss NS-2, CH-1
-BBEBoostaGrande
-Moded FabEcho
I had a blue voodoo for a month or so. I actually liked it a lot, but it was just too loud for my house with the 4x12 cab. I ended up returning it for a 2x12 combo. It has OODLES of gain, so keep that in mind when dialing it in. Tis also very midrange heavy and lacks a little bass. Just takes a bit of tweaking to get a solid tone.
Quote by enselmis
I had a blue voodoo for a month or so. I actually liked it a lot, but it was just too loud for my house with the 4x12 cab. I ended up returning it for a 2x12 combo. It has OODLES of gain, so keep that in mind when dialing it in. Tis also very midrange heavy and lacks a little bass. Just takes a bit of tweaking to get a solid tone.

Really? that's good, I love a lot of mids on my tone. Thanks, this is the kind of info i was looking for.
Gear:
-Egnater Renegade
-LTD EC-401VF
-LTD EC-256
Pedals:
-Crybaby 535Q, & Volume
-Behringer VM1, VP1
-Line6 M5
-Joyo UD
-Boss NS-2, CH-1
-BBEBoostaGrande
-Moded FabEcho
Quote by d.c.guitar
I have a MG100HDFX which I'll use as a practice amp

Is that not...staggeringly loud for a practice amp? I mean, even SS that's pretty loud.
Quote by Minion2580
What are some things I should do to make sure I don't touch the wrong thing and die?

Gears:

Vox AC30HH +Avatar 2x12
Martin D-35 Dreadnaught
Carvin CT6T
Quote by d.c.guitar
Really? that's good, I love a lot of mids on my tone. Thanks, this is the kind of info i was looking for.

Cool dude, no problem. Give us clips if you get it.

I'm getting nostalgic for my old one now... lotr.
I wasn't real crazy about them. Their distortion was real fuzzy and muddy. It almost sounded like a bad fuzz pedal.

But to each his own, and also, I didn't have a chance to play the amp that loud.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by glemnar

Is that not...staggeringly loud for a practice amp? I mean, even SS that's pretty loud.

No, not really, its actually pretty nice, i really like this amp, I use it at low volumes in my room, and pretty loud at band practice and gigs. I really have no complaints about it, I just really want a tube amp.
Gear:
-Egnater Renegade
-LTD EC-401VF
-LTD EC-256
Pedals:
-Crybaby 535Q, & Volume
-Behringer VM1, VP1
-Line6 M5
-Joyo UD
-Boss NS-2, CH-1