eh...kinda. so i got a c-1 hellraiser today. to my dismay, as i unlocked the tuners and began to fine tune the guitar, something terrible happened. the b string was tuned a bit sharp. i lowered the pitch just a teensy little bit, and POW. the string popped. needless to say, i was pissed. i look down, and there wasnt a string fragment in the tuning peg. so, i replaced the string with one of the few spares i had. tuned it up, and ready to go. or so i thought. i put the low e down to d, and it popped too. i was mind boggled. the damn LOW E BROKE?! this is a hypocrisy. i look down, and felt outraged. upon further inspection, i notice that each string isn't even wrapped around the tuning peg a full one time. basically each string was put halfway through, and then cut. they werent wrapped around the pegs at all! on top of that, no more spare strings, and no stores are open today. oh well i suppose, wait til tomorrow. =[

thoughts?

point being: my guitar was strung incorrectly, thus resulting in one pissed off SOB.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
That is pretty lame... silly schecter
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!

Why didn't you check before you tuned? Not sure about anyone else, but I inspect my new guitar a lot, and I'd notice something like that.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
that's some BS man, but if you bought it from a certified dealer, they'll almost always replace it since that company is located in the US (CA)
The esp eclipse i bought at the end of July was strung the same way. My strings haven't popped yet, so i think you are downtuning in a too rough way.
Quote by ferguson911
instead of ranting.......just properly re-string it ?

No spare strings and stores are closed. Read the whole post.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by foxtom
The esp eclipse i bought at the end of July was strung the same way. My strings haven't popped yet, so i think you are downtuning in a too rough way.

That's because yours has locking tuners on it. You can do that with those.

I'm assuming the TS has the Hellraiser FR, otherwise, if they are locking tuners on the headstock that are doing that... there's something wrong with them.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I always stock pile strings. At this moment I've got three boxes of DR Tite Fits and a box of Pure Blues just in case.
If you lived anywhere near Greensburg PA I'd just give you a set. I know how much it sucks to need new strings when no one is open haha.
Quote by foxtom

Nah, it has locking tuners bro. just..hmm.. how to explain. it was basically like this:

Lo---

the dashes are the string, the "o" is the peg. the "L" is the end of the string. it was basically just put through the hole, tightened a tiny bit, and cut right at the peg. im assuming when they strung it, they just pulled the string straight to the peg - instead of the usual process of putting it through, wrapping it, and holding up the middle of the string while turning the peg. it was really weird... didnt see it coming at all.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Technically there is no right and wrong way to restring a guitar as far as wrapping around the machine heads is concerned.

However, if you feel its improperly strung why don't you just buy a pack of strings and restring it the way you feel it should be done and stop ranting about it?