Today for christmas, i got guitar rig mobile. i was very excited, but after playing with it for awhile, i was disappointed when i couldn't get it to work without being plugged into the computer. i was under the impression that you could load a preset rig onto it, take it anywhere, plug it into my amp, play, and not be plugged into the computer.

so basically, is it only an interface that has to be plugged into the computer, or can it be part of my normal rig without the computer?

thanks in advance

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/guitar/guitar-rig-mobile/?content=129&page=1085
I too am curious about this. I was under the impression you could load presets too, and use it without a PC. I've sent a question to Native Instruments about it.

I think it's "Mobile" in that it's smaller than their GR Kntrol unit. You still need a PC to do all the processing.

Sigh... wouldn't it be sweet to be able to bring this to your friend's place and just plug it into a stereo? Does such a thing exist?
No - you still need to run it through a laptop - it's modeling software. The mobile is just A/D converter. The Kontrol unit doesn't store your sounds either, it stores midi information that then runs into your computer, through the software and back out to an amp/PA.

You do have a quite reasonable peace of recording hardware/sortware though.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Quote by unininium
No - you still need to run it through a laptop - it's modeling software. The mobile is just A/D converter. The Kontrol unit doesn't store your sounds either, it stores midi information that then runs into your computer, through the software and back out to an amp/PA.

You do have a quite reasonable peace of recording hardware/sortware though.

This.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .