Okay I have $150 to spend on a new pickup for my Schecter 007 Elite, but honestly can't pick. I have an SH-8 Invader in the bridge of my Omen 6, but that was to improve the highs on it because of the basswood body, so I was thinking since the mahogany seems brighter to me that a 7 string Invader may not be the way to go?

- It's a mahogany body with a quilted maple top.
- I play metal.
- I am a HUGE gain *****.
- I despise active pickups in all shape and form.
- this is a 7 string guitar. (for those of you who didn't catch the 007 earlier.)
- My current amps are a Fender Champ 12 1x12 (tube) and a Behringer V-Amp LX1200H head unit. Both have on-board EQ's (bass, mid, treble)
NOTE: I prefer Seymour Duncan, but I'm willing to try other brands.

Can anyone help me out?
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

I don't know if they're within your pricerange over in the US but... Did you consider a BKP of some sorts? The humbuckers are AMAZING for metal
Gego could you get me a link or something?
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/ They're quite expensive but amazing quality Alot of people think of them as the best pickups in the world even:p If you email Tim (the owner of BKP) with a good description of the sound you want he'll personally suggest you a model that fits your needs ^^

You can find soundsamples in the players section of the forum:p
Last edited by Gego at Dec 25, 2009,
Thanks Gego, I'll keep them in mind, although 100 pounds is...$160 USD, and a bit out of my price range after shipping. Any other suggestions?

Quote by Snap017
Thanks Gego, I'll keep them in mind, although 100 pounds is...$160 USD, and a bit out of my price range after shipping. Any other suggestions?

Not really no I lately became a BKP fanboy, they're the only pickups i consider myself I prefer paying a bit more now and never replacing it over replacing the pickups down the line :p
google rockmonkeyguitars

that guys pretty good. ive got one of his SoB pickups in my bridge position