My ideal amp would be some beatup old and cheap vintagey valve half stack that when I crank loud sounds awesome and crazy. But we all know they don't exist, soooo....

Need ya help. I seriously can't decide what amp I want.. I play classic rock and garagey blues rock (bands like led zeppelin, white stripes, the hives, the who, etc...). I use a fender telecaster and I'll probably get a les paul too in the future. I want this amp to last me a while, and I'll be playing in a band with it so it MUST be loud! I have about £300-350 to spend and I'd prefer it to be valve and a bit vintagey. Please don't recommend the valvepower amp. I'll probably be buying it used, btw.

Mmm yeah, its also gotta have an alright clean channel. But I'll be mainly using the amp at a mid range gain setting- I don't play metal. Main tone I want is a very hard and dirty sounding crunch/lead. I also would prefer it if it took pedals nicely, incase I decide to buy a wah or octave pedal. Thanks alot! p.s: what does ug thing of the jcm 2000 combo? Its very cheap used and what I've heard sound good. I know I've made a thread like this before but I really am stuck!!!
Vox, Marshall, Blackheart, etc .
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Marshall Class 5, maybe a Rothwell Hellbender OD pedal with it.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Marshall Class 5, maybe a Rothwell Hellbender OD pedal with it.

With a band? No way.

TS, I'd look at getting a Bugera V22 or V55. Or a Used Peavey Classic 30/50
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Peavey Classic 30/50 would probably be your best bet.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JayT44
With a band? No way.

TS, I'd look at getting a Bugera V22 or V55. Or a Used Peavey Classic 30/50

PA systems are winful nowadays.

E-Married to Funny_Page
Still, a cranked 5w amp with "clean" boost maxed will be pretty loud, in my experience anyways it should be plentiful.

TS stated he wanted the roar and defining valve tone of a "vintage" valve amp cranked, and that was just my suggestion to fulfill his needs.

E-Married to Funny_Page
Even cranked I'm unsure 5 watts would pull through, though. Whats the difference between the bugera v22 and v55 btw? Do they take effects nicely? Also whats the reliability like on them? I think the 22watts will be fine for band practice won't it?
Quote by dotheFlop
Even cranked I'm unsure 5 watts would pull through, though. Whats the difference between the bugera v22 and v55 btw? Do they take effects nicely? Also whats the reliability like on them? I think the 22watts will be fine for band practice won't it?

V22 is 22 watts and the V55 is 55 watts. The V22 uses EL84's and the V55 uses 6L6's. They take effects very well from my experience. And it should be loud enough for a band. Try before you buy though.

Also look at Peavey Classic 30, Jet City Amps JCA20, and an Epiphone Valve Senior.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
+1 to the Jet City JCA20.

Although might be a good idea to keep an eye out for a second hand bargain. JCM800 combos do go for cheap in the UK (rarely mind). I got mine for £250, so keep searching ebay and local independant stores.

E-Married to Funny_Page
Recommended threads
Suggestions
Punk Rocker
Last post:
by .::BigAl::.