I like ibanez's and am planning to buy an RG.

I have £300 and play metal. What RG do i buy? which has best pups for £300?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
To be honest, I wouldn't pay too much attention to the pickups since those can be switched out anyways :p You can't magically improve the quality of the wood etc of your guitar.
Quote by Sammm1
what would you recomend then? (ibanez)

The first question is: Do you want a fixed bridge or a floyd rose?
Quote by Gego
The first question is: Do you want a fixed bridge or a floyd rose?

Yep. If you want a trem, I'd get an S series over an RG, as they have a much better trem than the Edge 3 that comes in all non-Prestige RG's. If you want a fixed bridge then I'd get an RG, probably a 321 and upgrade the pickups with whatever you have left after buying it. There wont be a huge difference between the 321 and a slightly higher model apart from visual upgrades, so you're really paying more to look better, but that money would be better spent on pickups IMO.
i played the 321 in my local store and i loved it. the guitar felt perfect for me, as if it was built for me. never had that before with a guitar.

i may buy a bridge pickup and install that into it with my remaining money.
Quote by Sammm1
i played the 321 in my local store and i loved it. the guitar felt perfect for me, as if it was built for me. never had that before with a guitar.

If that's the case... What are you still doing here, go get that RG 321!:p Great little guitars, got an RGR321 myself (It's basically the RG321 with a reversed headstock :p)
Quote by Sammm1

So, the point of this thread is what?

Go get that 321!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
the point is to get an idea of the decent RG's i can get with my money. and i also had my doubts about the 321 after reading some reviews - such as the bridge being pretty bad etc etc
Quote by Sammm1
the point is to get an idea of the decent RG's i can get with my money. and i also had my doubts about the 321 after reading some reviews - such as the bridge being pretty bad etc etc
The 321 has a Gotoh style fixed bridge. It's pretty much as good as it gets for that particular style of bridge.

I'll even go as far as to say that Ibanez could charge a bit more for the 321 and still not have it effect sales. The weak point of any mid-range RG is the Edge III bridge. They're sketchy and people generally just avoid them. With the 321 you need not worry; the fixed bridge lets you get on with the job, all the while enjoying that legendary Ibanez playability.

Slap in a set of DiMarzios and you'll have a guitar that you'll likely hold on to for ages.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
The 321 has a Gotoh style fixed bridge. It's pretty much as good as it gets for that particular style of bridge.

I'll even go as far as to say that Ibanez could charge a bit more for the 321 and still not have it effect sales. The weak point of any mid-range RG is the Edge III bridge. They're sketchy and people generally just avoid them. With the 321 you need not worry; the fixed bridge lets you get on with the job, all the while enjoying that legendary Ibanez playability.

Slap in a set of DiMarzios and you'll have a guitar that you'll likely hold on to for ages.

This. I personally dislike Ibanez in general - the necks make my hands cramp - but if you like it, STOP READING AND GO GET THAT 321!
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.