There are two computers in my house; one of them is connected to the internet with wires, and then it sends the connection wirelessly to the other computer, which picks it up with a Netgear adapter. Is there any way I could get my iPod's Wifi to work using that? If not, is there any other way I could get it online?
I just got an ipod touch and you go to settings then tap wifi then you should see your network and then tap it, if it needs a password just type it in and your good to go.
Gear
Guitar

Ibanez Art100
Amp
Peavey Valveking 212
Effects
Dunlop Slash Wah
EHX Metal Muff
It found the network, and the signal thing will be filled up, but it still won't connect.
If your router is set up to provide wireless it should work. Do you have a proxy to go through? After that I dunno.
Quote by herby190
It found the network, and the signal thing will be filled up, but it still won't connect.

how close are you to your router?
Gear
Guitar

Ibanez Art100
Amp
Peavey Valveking 212
Effects
Dunlop Slash Wah
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by Brogers
how close are you to your router?

I've stood directly in front of it, and tried it from the other room, and neither worked.

Quote by javax6
If your router is set up to provide wireless it should work. Do you have a proxy to go through? After that I dunno.

I don't think I do have one; do I need one?
Quote by herby190

I don't think I do have one; do I need one?

No man, sometimes some wireless is set up with a proxy but you don't need one... I can't figure why that ain't working.

Check out this article, first comment might help http://www.rickysays.com/cant-connect-to-wifi-internet-with-my-ipod-touch

You could try resetting the router, by turning it off and on.

Are you sure your connecting to your router wireless? You should be able to tell by the network name that you join.
Alright, after just deleting the stored info on the network and restarting, I think I've got it to connect. Now, what happens is when I go to a game or anything that has an online feature, it won't tell me I'm not connected; it will just try connecting until I tell it to quit, but it won't actually establish a connection. Does this mean the connection is already being used up too much, or should it still work?
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Is your network password protected?
It is, but I entered the password when it asked for it.
I got it to work! Javax, the article that you posted actually did help, because it suggested deleting the connection and re-doing it, which worked after a couple of tries; thanks!
open safari in your itouch and enter http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar. If the page loads then the it could be a problem with your general connection. Does the net work on the computers?

EDIT: gratz