Well "Santa" got me a M 108 MXR 10 Band Eq & Boss C-3 Compression for christmas. I love the way the C-3 sounds when you turn the the attack up and get that real nice ska feeling. But my question is, how do i work the M 108? I plug it in mess with the dials and nothing seems to happen at all. Im curious of how it works, it didnts come with a instrution manual or anything?

Also what one would i plug directly into the guitar? And what one in the amp?

One last question for you guys,
So The Compressor sounds awesome when i have the amp on clean and i plug it in. But i have written some songs that have a clean ska verse and then a distorted fast chorus. How would i hook that up because the C-3 doesnt sound as good when its plugged in and distortion is on. I have a distortion pedal, would i have to step on that one first then the C-3 in order for it too work like that. I have been playing with the distortion pedal not even plugged in.

Sorry for all the questions and wording of things, I am a beginner and lots of people on here are very smart. So please help me

Thanks, Branson
For this post I will treat the situation as if you have no experience of guitar pedals.

Although this is in the wrong section I'll give you a little help. But in the future, do what bland says and post this kind of thing in GGA.

Ok so this should be what your signal chain should be.

Guitar>Compressor>EQ>Distortion>Amp.

When you don't want the compressor, just press down on the footswitch and it will turn it down. Hit the distortion pedal's footswitch when you are playing the chorus.

I don't really understand fully, but if you are a complete noob I guess that might help. It seems kind of obvious to me though.

With the EQ, just turn it on and fiddle with the sliders till it sounds like you want it. These pedals are sometimes used as "mid boosts" for solos and things. To do this all you have to do is set the sliders so the middle sliders are higher than the others/higher than the standard height. Make the sliders in a gradual curve shape into the middle which should look like this : /\. (but less sharp obviously.)

Have a go at turning the distortion with a low gain setting on and playing some rhythm work. Then press the EQ pedal and try some soloing.

Sorry if I'm being to obvious.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Quote by PussyPunk182
For this post I will treat the situation as if you have no experience of guitar pedals.

Although this is in the wrong section I'll give you a little help. But in the future, do what bland says and post this kind of thing in GGA.

Ok so this should be what your signal chain should be.

Guitar>Compressor>EQ>Distortion>Amp.

When you don't want the compressor, just press down on the footswitch and it will turn it down. Hit the distortion pedal's footswitch when you are playing the chorus.

I don't really understand fully, but if you are a complete noob I guess that might help. It seems kind of obvious to me though.

With the EQ, just turn it on and fiddle with the sliders till it sounds like you want it. These pedals are sometimes used as "mid boosts" for solos and things. To do this all you have to do is set the sliders so the middle sliders are higher than the others/higher than the standard height. Make the sliders in a gradual curve shape into the middle which should look like this : /\. (but less sharp obviously.)

Have a go at turning the distortion with a low gain setting on and playing some rhythm work. Then press the EQ pedal and try some soloing.

Sorry if I'm being to obvious.

No dude, thank you!!! I am a complete noob at pedals, these are my first ones. So everything you said helped. Thank you very much.
Last edited by blink_me182 at Dec 25, 2009,