I was wondering if JBL guitar speakers have a "good" sound.
I know there are many different tastes about tone and sound...

Kind of a little review will help!

I wanna know everything about JBL speakers... (its cause im thinking of buying one and I do not want to throw my money away)

Thanks!
Angel Ramirez
Last edited by LupusAngel27 at Dec 25, 2009,
fender used jbl's back in the day quite a bit, may still use them now but w/e. jbl's were equivalent in the qualtiy hierarchy as the jensons they used(some say jbl's were a little higher on the totem pole). EV's were the top of the line and CTS, eminence under that then the oxford, utah, pyle's etc. so jenson were pretty good
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
JBL makes a great speaker, and they've been used by a lot of manufacturers. You will find them more often in P.A. cabinets as their tone is very "hi-fi." They don't have a very specific character, and many people who have tried them in guitar amplifiers claim that it is nearly impossible to get a good crunch or distorted tone out of them - they are simply too crystal clear and clean.

You may decide otherwise, of course. The only way to be sure is to plug your amplifier into a cabinet with JBL speakers and see how you like it.
Depends what JBLs you're talking about, Duane Allman, Dickie Betts and Jerry Garcia are all famous for using JBL D120Fs.