So I got a new amp today, Palomino v8, great amp but it has a few problems. I need to be able to play through headphones, which would be fine, the amp has a line out, but the line out with my headphones is so quiet that I can hear my guitar over the sound from the headphones. The line out gives me the preamp signal before it goes to the the power tube, what I am looking for is something that will a) boost the level of the line signal to something that is useable through headphones and b) provide some sort of speaker cab simulation so it sounds a little bit closer to as if I was playing it normal without headphones.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I skimmed through the post, didn't really understand all that much, but I use Kefir .. Google it, free cab sim, no idea if thats what you were wanting though.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I'm pretty sure the line out is not the thing you want to plug your headphones in.
Quote by LuckyLu
I'm pretty sure the line out is not the thing you want to plug your headphones in.

I do that all the time, im pretty sure thats what you want to do
The line out is what I plug into, its not loud enough. I want hardware that is a speaker cab simulator and that will boost the level so I can't hear my guitar over my headphones.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Are you using studio headphones? (That's what you want, methinks). Line out is a line-level signal, doesn't really generate the sound, just carries the sound signal. You need some headphones with the ability to boost that signal.

At least, I think I'm note crazy.
Quote by Minion2580
What are some things I should do to make sure I don't touch the wrong thing and die?

Gears:

Vox AC30HH +Avatar 2x12
Martin D-35 Dreadnaught
Carvin CT6T
Last edited by glemnar at Dec 25, 2009,
I'm using decent headphones, they are Yamaha's and were like 40-50 bucks. What I am looking for is something like the H&K Red Box.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Are there any multi fx pedals that have good cab simulators that do not have to be used with the amp models?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020