So my friend told me about this idea he had and method he uses on his floyd rose tremelo bridge. As most of you will know, where the string meets the bridge it's held in place by a little black piece of plastic that tightens to the string. Well what he did is he took out all those little black pieces of plastic and instead he puts the string in with the plastic ball end taking their place. It works fine and there is no chance for a string to slip out. I recently got a guitar with a floyd rose and I was wondering if any of you have ever heard of this method and whether you think it could have any negative effects on the bridge/guitar. Thanks
Like David Gilmour?

Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Vox VT15
Alvarez Acoustic
Dunlop Jazz III Picks
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Take your pants off and swing your wiener around in circles.
I don't think it'd do any harm, but probably wouldn't do any good either. And the string retainer blocks are metal, not plastic, unless he has a really cheap Floyd.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I don't really recall any plastic part on any of the Floyd Roses I've tried. Maybe a picture would help?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Yeh, they're metal, not plastic, and as far as I know, there's nothing wrong with it.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
The only peculiar thing I can see about that is that the twisted part of the string lies within the playing area, which might affect tone, comfort and maybe also string longevity.

If it doesn't, then there's nothing wrong with the idea.