Im buying an ac30 probably tomorrow, but still not sure whether to get a combo or a stack!!

Is there any real difference besides the weight? Does one sound better than the other? Please let me know.

Cheers
Exaclty the same thing except one is a head and the other is a combo, the circuits should be identical. I'd go with the head for portability reasons, but combos are super cool too, so it's up to you to decide really.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Definitely get the head/cab. The combo is a bit too heavy to be relatively portable. The head is heavy, but it's still portable, not too bulky. A cabinet you can easily put on wheels or carry (Bulky, but lighter). The combination of the two is a bit too much weight.
Quote by glemnar
Definitely get the head/cab. The combo is a bit too heavy to be relatively portable. The head is heavy, but it's still portable, not too bulky. A cabinet you can easily put on wheels or carry (Bulky, but lighter). The combination of the two is a bit too much weight.

you could also put the combo on wheels

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Yes, but lifting it into a car or something of that sort is still very difficult. I can carry my 2x12 and Vox AC30HH head no problem, the combo I couldn't at all. =/

Important edit:

Ooh, I need to add one thing. Vox only sells a 2x12 cab with Alnico blues, so it's relatively expensive to get their 2x12 to start with as opposed to one with v30s or g12h30s or similar (Like the cc2 combo).

You'll need to get another brand or custom(Avatar, etc) to keep the price near the price of the combo.

I went with an Avatar myself. Great price for a great 2x12.
Last edited by glemnar at Dec 25, 2009,
Handwired or what? I would get a combo just for that classic AC30 look.
1999 Fender '69 Thinline Telecaster Reissue
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm
Get the stack so you can buy more heads for it the next time you desire a new amp!
I'd get the head/cabinet for portability, and the fact you can buy other amplifier heads to switch around rather than having to carry around for example, 2 combos (which is plain retarded...and heavy).
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.

Important edit:

Ooh, I need to add one thing. Vox only sells a 2x12 cab with Alnico blues, so it's relatively expensive to get their 2x12 to start with as opposed to one with v30s or g12h30s or similar (Like the cc2 combo).
QUOTE]

they used tomake them with their own spin on celestion g12h30s so you can check out ebay and probably snag one

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Yeah, I know Timzee, but I looked everywhere for one and couldn't find it to save my life.
Avatar makes an outstanding quality cabinet for a good price, so it's entirely worthwhile.

Their wheat grill, while not Vox diamonds, is sexy as heck. =)

(Besides, the owner of the company is the guy picking up the phones to take orders. Talk about customer service, haha. :P)
Last edited by glemnar at Dec 25, 2009,
With the head/cab it will be easier to transport, and you can always get a different cab if you want.

The guitarist/singer in my brother's band has an AC30 combo and they always dread moving it because it's so ****ing heavy.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees