Hello, this is my first post. I need some helping trying to get a good all around lead sound, I play metal/rock. I have an Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer and I'm not entirely satisfied I just adjusted my pickup height I currently have ibanez stock infinity pickups im thinking about getting new ones for the sound I want perhaps seymor duncans,dimarrzios,or emg's ect. I also have a marshall hdfx 100 half stack its ok. Is there anything less drastic than new pickups to get the sound I want.
TBH a lot of the responses you'll get will be along the lines of don't waste your cash on new pickups, buy a new amp. And really I'd agree with them but that's not always the cheap option but it makes a worlds difference really.
you need to get the tubescreamer modded (keely mod - there`s somewhere on the net that explains how to do it it`s cheap and easy and you need to learn how to solder) if you want good pickups look at dimarzio evolutions, deactivators and moe joe, freds, super distortion...etc. the amp isn`t the best....but will get you by for now.

http://www.dimarzio.com/site/#/pickuppicker/
That sounds pretty good and I have a soldering gun so I should be all set. But if I were to get a new amp what should I get? Also what do you think of the fender fm 212r
NO for the fender amp, it won`t have enough gain for metal, try a 6505 combo/half stack or for a budget version a valveking and upgrade the tubes, also check bugera, hughes and ketner, blackstar, or a marshall jvm
Quote by ibanezgod1973
NO for the fender amp, it won`t have enough gain for metal, try a 6505 combo/half stack or for a budget version a valveking and upgrade the tubes, also check bugera, hughes and ketner, blackstar, or a marshall jvm

+1 on the valveking.

I have one and it really is an excellent amp for the money.
I've played a bugera before I liked it quite a bit, I think I'll look into the valve king too.
While I'll agree that the Ibanez Infinity pickups are definitely not the best OEM units out there I have to tell you that even the most expensive of boutique pickups are going to make your amp sound good.

It isn't as simple as this, but here's the recipe for 'tone:' 75% amplifier, 5% guitar details (neck joint, bridge, strings, pickup height), 10% you, 10% pickups.

New pickups are a good way to fine tune your sound after getting an amplifier that you really like. They can take away those subtle things that make cringe at your otherwise awesome sound. Unfortunately, they won't make a bad amp sound good.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...