Okay guys, heres the skinny;
i just got an Ibanez RG370DX-GP4.
i wa sjust wondering if y'allcould help me with the bridge, as ive' heard things where if you tune it down without using the fine tuners and changing springs, it can be horrendously disastrous.
Just wondering if anyone could clear this up for me and discuss the right way of setting this fine bit of machinery out.
thanks guys.
yerp.
Hmm yeah people do the fine tuner trick for that. I'm not too sure what it is exactly but off the top of my head you screw down the fine tuner all the way, and you lock the string in at the E, and when you want to go Drop D you just loosen the fine tuner. I think that's just the general gist of it but someone else has more info on it.
The 'trick' for tuning between E and drop D goes:

Tune everything to be ever so slightly sharp when you're in E. Now when you tune down to D, assuming you got everything right, you'll be only very slightly flat.

I prefer just switching to a fixed-bridge guitar when I want some drop tuning action.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
The best thing that you can do is learn how your bridge works. Then keep changing tunings till you are good at it.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Thats thing thing, i want to know about about it, before i touch it, but every guide/help thingy i find is either too complicated or just doesent make sense.
Now im a pretty quick learner, so all's i need is pointing in the right direction(:

and much appreciated guys, thanks for the help
yerp.
Quote by ch0
The 'trick' for tuning between E and drop D goes:

Tune everything to be ever so slightly sharp when you're in E. Now when you tune down to D, assuming you got everything right, you'll be only very slightly flat.

I prefer just switching to a fixed-bridge guitar when I want some drop tuning action.

This guy's spot on. He even hates EMG's.
*sucks cock*
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by Seth Shadows
This guy's spot on. He even hates EMG's.
*sucks cock*
sigged
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
personally i`d set it up for standard E flat so the bridge is parallel

then you only have to move the two E strings down half a step and the other up half a step, shouldn`t cause to much movement in the bridge setup.

but as pointed out switching tuning is far easier with 2 guitars.

download the prestige manual from the ibanez site it`ll give you more info on trem setup.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Dec 27, 2009,