Well I'm looking to get some headphones for my MP3 player. I dont care whether they are in-ear, or over the ear. If they are in-ear, I like them to be air-tight and soundproof if you know what I mean. I've been looking at Skullcandy Smokin Buds for in-ears, and the Low-riders for over ears. Which do you think has the best sound quality?

Try to keep it under $40 please. Thanks
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
For the love of all that is holy, do not buy Skullcandy.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Somekid94
I don't know I like my skull candy's... I feel out numbered

I like mine as well. I've had several pairs, and they get the job done. Plus, they haven't broken... which I hear about a lot. I'd recommend them.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
if its for your mp3 player does it really matter, i bought a 10 dollar pair from circuit city that are fine and sound great. i had a $100 pair of bose headphones and they broke so i just buy cheap ones now. Also, there was little difference in the $10 pair and the $100 pair.
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
I like mine as well. I've had several pairs, and they get the job done. Plus, they haven't broken... which I hear about a lot. I'd recommend them.

i thought they never break? why do you have more than one pair?
Well for those skullcandy haters, what would you reccomend?

Also, P-Bass Pirate, what pair was your favorite?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Better quality earphones often come with a "fit kit" of sorts, with caps in different sizes so it's almost guaranteed to fit your ear perfectly.

There's not really a good way to tell if you're going to like earphones without listening to them, though, so the best thing to do is just pick the ones that look the most comfortable and have a lot of good reviews.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by CycoVisonary23
i thought they never break? why do you have more than one pair?

I tend to lose them.

Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-

I've only ever had the Ink'd ones. But my roommate has the Smokin' Buds and those sound pretty good as well. Either of those would be a good choice, IMO.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-

Under $40 isn't gonna get you anything mindblowing. I have a few pairs of headphones, ranging from good to shitty. I use these for listening to my ipod outside of the house.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-MX-Earbuds-Cable-Winder/dp/B000Z78AW8

Search around though. There's a few forums out there dedicated JUST to headphones.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
*sigh* What's with UG and hatewagons? I've had Smokin' Buds for about a year and a half, and they honestly sound better than a pair of Bose buds that I once had. They have good bass, and the volume control is a plus. I have a tendency to break them, but they replace them for free anyways.

Of course I'd gladly move on to new buds if I could find them.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Under $40 isn't gonna get you anything mindblowing. I have a few pairs of headphones, ranging from good to shitty. I use these for listening to my ipod outside of the house.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-MX-Earbuds-Cable-Winder/dp/B000Z78AW8

Search around though. There's a few forums out there dedicated JUST to headphones.

Im not going to rely on just the reveiws, but those have 3.5 stars compared to some of Skullcandy's 5 star stuff :/ Plus those dont have the rubber caps on the end. Thank you for the reccomendation though, I will try as many as I can tomorrow when I visit the mall.
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
Im not going to rely on just the reveiws, but those have 3.5 stars compared to some of Skullcandy's 5 star stuff :/ Plus those dont have the rubber caps on the end. Thank you for the reccomendation though, I will try as many as I can tomorrow when I visit the mall.

If you take anything from this, it should be that you need to go to somewhere where people know what they're talking about, such as

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/

or even the UG R&R forum. I trust the opinions in either of those places over the half-wits that write Amazon reviews any day.

Didn't know you wanted rubber caps, though. Guess those wouldn't work for that. Mine came with those foam covers but I don't like those so meh.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Quote by SupremeACL
*sigh* What's with UG and hatewagons? I've had Smokin' Buds for about a year and a half, and they honestly sound better than a pair of Bose buds that I once had. They have good bass, and the volume control is a plus. I have a tendency to break them, but they replace them for free anyways.

Of course I'd gladly move on to new buds if I could find them.

Are you deaf?

If you can scrounge up another ten bucks there's a nice pair of sony earbuds for about $50. I have two pairs of them and they're sturdy and they have an alright sound quality.
I'd go for some sennheiser in-ear buds. Great quality without going out of the budget.
Quote by GoobaSun
so i just pulled my shirt up and there was brown stuff looking like boogers coming out of my belly button, I picked a piece and took a whiff...it smells like shitttttttttt! wtf is happening to me?

www.myspace.com/heroesbefore