I have a 350 Hartke 3500HA and the Hartke VX410 cab, and I am loving the clean tone I get with my six-string...... So basically, If I get a distortion pedal and hook that beast up how will my high end sound? And will my volume be able to keep up with my friends 120watt 4x12 halfstack.

Thanks for any help peoples.
Tuning?
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Eh... I'm no pro on it, but my opinion... It'll sound too sludgy with dist. I mean, clean channel is relatively two-dimensional. The cleans can be entirely different from how it is with dist. I mean, you CAN try it, it probably won't explode. Nonetheless, I don't really think it'll be too fantastic. Welcome to try, though.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Yeah ill go to a guitar store and ask em if I can try out a guitar with distortion pedal on a bass amp.
That's what I used to do with my Trace Elliot bass rig. I was pretty fond of the tone until I realized how fizzy the distortion actually was on top of my clean sound. Basically you can either get a good clean tone or a good distortion tone with a bass amp, but not both.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by SinSyringe
Isn't that what the guys in electric wizard do?

This is part of the reason I brought this up. Oh well I enjoy different sounding tones so Ill give it a shot... So you guys have any recommendations for a distortion pedal suited for this?
^The Boss FZ-2 is THE Electric Wizard pedal, and it can be had for only ~$50.

Ive toyed with this idea myself (not that I have a bass rig though). I think it would sound awesome for cleans and that type of music, but less so for more 'traditional' distortion tones
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
a distortion pedal may not sound the best. but a preamp or preamp pedal like a damage control pedal may work better. it will be similar sounding to using the preamp as a direct out because a bass amp tends to very clearly and accurately reproduce signal similar to a PA or recording set up.
If you don't talk to your kids about GAS, who will?
Bass amps actually have lots of high end, it'll sound fine. It might sound overly harsh if the bass speakers don't cancel out enough of the distortion pedal's high end.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
if you're playing through a 4x10, the highs should sound fine, I say go for it
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs