Page 1 of 2
OK I know that a "favorite bands" thread was started but I wanted to add my own little twist to it. Title pretty much says it all. Please just pick ONE band or artist and don't do any of that "I can't decide" stuff. So yeah...one band and the song that got you started on them.......go!

for me it's Dream Theater and what got me started on them was "Instrumedley".
TALK TO GOD HERE --->

ME:
So you're gonna end the world soon?
GOD:
Interesting deduction. That was my original intention.
ME:
Well don't.
GOD:
Well that's okay. OK I will not.

Earth's fate saved in sig = EPIC WIN!!!
Jimi Hendrix- Voodoo Child (slight return)

But I'm a rebel so here is my other #1 band haha

Metallica- Enter Sandman
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Racer X - Technical Difficulties
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun

Which is funny, since I don't like that song very much anymore.
i have four favourite bands

Dream theater ----> instrumedley
Led zeppelin -----> Kashmir
Pink Floyd ----> Comfortably Numb
Nirvana -----> Pennyroyal Tea

what do you think. cliche??
Quote by Maynard James Keenan

Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion
I have three favorite bands:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - By the Way (I'm a little ashamed of it right now but it was really the first song I listened from the band that got me into their work, I don't like the song that much nowadays)

Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze

Nirvana - Smells like Teen Spirit (Again ashamed of it because it's like the most generic Nirvana song and it isn't that great)
hmmm, i think iv got to say Dream Theater! The first song iv ever heard from them was "The Dark Eternal Night" but that is not my favourit song! ^^
Opeth - Hessian Peel

Alaska was also what got me into BTBAM.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Corrosion of Conformity- Clean my Wounds. Lmao, i don't even like deliverance all that much anymore. That's just the first song from them that i heard, and i loved it immediately
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
The first time I listened to Agalloch I only thought they were alright. Driving home in a snow storm listening to Pale Folklore made them my favorite band.
The Mars Volta: Inertiatic ESP
But it was their insane performance at The Big Day Out (Sydney) 2004 that really got me into them. Or was it 2005? I don't know, my brain still hasn't recovered.
Frank Zappa - i heard don't eat the yellow snow and was hooked on that whole album and then 32 albums down the road...i'm still a huge fan of ZAPPA
'Music is the best"
Zappa
I have only three favorite bands (first is not actualy a band). And I "fell in love" with them from these songs:

Jesus Christ Superstar - The Temple
Outvile - Flash-off
Xploding PlastiX - Sports, not heavy crime
Radiohead.
I had heard of them years before I first heard them, but I had heard them compared to the Deftones (God only knows why), so I had always assumed that they were another nu-metal band. I wasn't really interested in that sort of music, so I never bothered to listen to them.
As typical as it may seem, the first song that I heard by them was "Creep" while playing Rockband for the first (and last) time at a friend's. I thought that they were interesting enough to look into, but "Creep" itself was not that impressive. I decided to check out more of their work, stumbled upon "Karma Police", and from that moment on, they were my favourite band.
I saw them live a few months later, and now own all of their studio albums, a couple of eps, and their live DVD. I have yet to find a band that even comes close to rivalling them.
Queen- Don't stop me now I guess it is :p
I don't listen to them as much as I used to, but for quite some time I was addicted to that song.
Muse, probably Knights of Cydonia
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Megadeth.

Hangar 18.

Took me about five listens before I stopped hating Dave's vocals and a lack of vocals overall.
Quote by BK202
My one favorite band is At The Drive-In

awesome band, Cosmonaut has to be their best song by far though.

For me, my all time favourite band is Alexisonfire, Ive failed to find a song I dont like by them yet. First time I heard 'Boiled Frogs' by them I was jumping about in ecitement running around the place.
Dream Theater - Root of All Evil

If you haven't heard them/that song, go listen. NOW!
Quote by eazy-c

I don't think I've ever laughed so much in the Pit.
Page 1 of 2