My tubes are nigh-dead, and I'm replacing them. My amp's in sig.
Not lookin to spend more than 100 total. I play tech/melodic death metal. Prefer ones I can get on a trusted site, within a week maybe.

Suggestions?
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Thanks, man.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
i've noticed Tubedepot.com to be really reliable. I ordered from there, and the tubes came from FedEx in 3 days. you can also track your order with them.
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
4 tubes, I assume? At $25 each, it's hard to get anything other than pretty regular stuff.
if you're just replacing the power tubes, and it's a matched quad, which i believe the JSX is, you can get a matched quad of JJ EL34's for like 60 bucks or so.
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
And if you're strapped for cash don't discount the Shuguang EL34s. I recently put 4 in my Marshall and they sound great (cheap price but not a cheap sound)
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I've heard that Peavey is having a hard time with their screen grid resistors, and therefore you shouldn't be using EL-34s.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I've heard that Peavey is having a hard time with their screen grid resistors, and therefore you shouldn't be using EL-34s.

I thought the EL-34 was fine to use, it was just the E34L that was causing problems..?
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
Quote by 2112swartz
I thought the EL-34 was fine to use, it was just the E34L that was causing problems..?

Aren't they the same thing?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Aren't they the same thing?

Not quite. I'm not so sure myself, but eurotubes gives an in depth explanation of the differences between them.
Quote by enselmis
Not quite. I'm not so sure myself, but eurotubes gives an in depth explanation of the differences between them.

You're right.

TS, get just a quad of JJ-EL34s and then 3 JJ ECC83s and one high gain balanced ECC83S for the V4 phase inverter. That will give you more gain at a more British-voiced mid-range higher gain option.

You can order that on Eurotubes.com
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

IMHO the JJ power tubes are good, but the Electro-Harmonix EL34 sound much more musical
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I've never owned a JSX but all JJs in the power amp and preamp does not sound inviting to me. If you like a real dark tone JJs are a good option. If you have EL34 tubes now and are happy with them then stick to EL34s.

I'd send Doug at dougtubes.com an email and get his opinion. He sells many different brands of tubes including JJs. To help further we need to know what you want to change about your tone, if anything, and what exact tube brands you have in there now.

my .311 cents
I'd go =C= if you're just replacing the power tubes. IMO, the best sounding current production tubes there are. I've been using =C= 6L6s in my DeVille for the last 2 1/2 years and they're just now dying on me. They sound great too. A friend got some EL34s for his Windsor today and they're a huge improvement to anything else we tried.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I've never owned a JSX but all JJs in the power amp and preamp does not sound inviting to me. If you like a real dark tone JJs are a good option. If you have EL34 tubes now and are happy with them then stick to EL34s.

+1ish. Since you are wanting to play tech/death metal, I'd go for a set of JJ KT77s in the power amp to darken up your JSX a little and give you tighter bass, but find some Tung-Sol 12AX7s for the preamp so that you retain some of the signature JSX clarity. I think this combination could give you the best results for the genre you play.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

I'd send Doug at dougtubes.com an email and get his opinion. He sells many different brands of tubes including JJs. To help further we need to know what you want to change about your tone, if anything, and what exact tube brands you have in there now.

my .311 cents

Haha, .311 cents. Creative.

But seriously, I put JJ's in pre and power amp and I'm fine because I have an extremely bright amp (JCM 900). For an amp like the JSX you should look for more balanced tube combos.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE