Shoegaze is at the central of what I play, and since I need a new amp I'm going for that direction. At first I have been craving a Fender Twin Reverb, but I have been struggling to find one. I have been having trouble discovering other amps and I was wondering if anyone can recommend an amp for me. Since shoegaze combines pure cleans with the sludgiest of sludge distortion, I need something with the best cleans and not necessarily sharp, but heavy distortion; anything in between is not needed.
(Fender Twin Reverb + Marshall JCM800)/2 = what I'm asking for.
Quote by Lrn2play
Shoegaze is at the central of what I play, and since I need a new amp I'm going for that direction. At first I have been craving a Fender Twin Reverb, but I have been struggling to find one. I have been having trouble discovering other amps and I was wondering if anyone can recommend an amp for me. Since shoegaze combines pure cleans with the sludgiest of sludge distortion, I need something with the best cleans and not necessarily sharp, but heavy distortion; anything in between is not needed.
(Fender Twin Reverb + Marshall JCM800)/2 = what I'm asking for.

JCM-800 2210/05 has pretty heavy distortion, but maybe not enough. You might be inclined to check out the 2000 DSL. Also, Mark IV/V might be what you're after.

Or a 6550/5150 could be good. As could a Double/Triple Rectifier.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

DSLs are good. Pretty much any tube Fender would be my pick, but anything loud and clean (like Sunns) would work. Just throw on some fuzz with a reverb in front of it
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Either a clean amplifier and pedal it up or try Riveras.

Excellent amplifiers and doing both clean and distorted really well. Check them used on Ebay.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
At that point I'd just get a squeaky clean amp and stick some really nasty distortion pedals in front of it.