I know that some speakers are louder than others with the same amount of power, but can more of them increase volume significantly? Obviously, the wattage will be a bottleneck at some point; I just wanted to know if a bit of a boost could be attained.
O)))))))))))))))))
Quote by Sunn_O)))
I know that some speakers are louder than others with the same amount of power, but can more of them increase volume significantly? Obviously, the wattage will be a bottleneck at some point; I just wanted to know if a bit of a boost could be attained.

There will be more bass response, and more air will be moved, so it will seem as if there is more sound.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

You can't really make more sound with the same amount of power. But it will appear to give you more sound. It also depends on the speakers. If you are near the limit of one speaker so instead put two of those same speakers you will get much better sound. With 2 speakers it's kind of like stereo instead of mono, it gives the illusion of there being more there.

I'm a little out of date on my audio wiring but I think if you wire them in series the ohms will be cut in half and the watts should increase. This could damage whatever is driving the speakers if it is not rated to handle those ohms, so don't quote me on that.
Last edited by natesrecord at Dec 25, 2009,