I'm intending on swapping out the stock Chinese 12AX7 preamp tube in my Blackstar DistX for a Svetlana 12AX7.

What do you think? I don't have a specific goal in mind, just experimenting/seeing how much I can improve the distortion tone. How do you reckon it will affect the sound?

Cheers guys
it will most likely have very little affect on the sound. pedals like the distX arent all that tube sensitive. i'm not totally familiar with the pedal so this is kind of a crap shoot based on what i know of similar pedals. but most likely the heart of the pedal is all solid state technology and the tube is only being used as a buffer rather than a gain stage. anyone can feel free to correct me on that because its just a guess. however if thats the case changing brands of tube will probably not be noticable. however you may get some different sounds from different types of tubes like 12AY7's or 12AT7's.
If you don't talk to your kids about GAS, who will?
I don't know a lot about this, but I've read that the difference is minimal. A preamp tube is pretty cheap though so it's not like it's a huge deal to buy one to experiment with.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Oh, ok. I did read something about a tube swap in the Blackstar HT series having quite a noticable improvement on the tone, but IIRC it probably was a different tube type
I'm not sure what it'll do in your pedal. but in your amp. it'll have more mids and a whole lot more clairty
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era