Page 1 of 3
as most of you probably don't care or remember, i had a thread a while back about whether i should get an xbox or a wii. well i'm getting an xbox and two games.

now the question is: what games?

i've already decided on assassins creed 2, but i need another game.

help?

also, please give reasons.

thanks.

eDit: just for future reference, i will not be using xbox live and i enjoy long games with a good story line.
Last edited by dhutton at Dec 25, 2009,
Orange Box: Portal

Awesome game. New it is $60, i got it at gamestop for $20
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Wait until January 5th and get Darksiders or Bayonetta

If you've gotta get somethin now, get Borderlands.

And for the record, Assassin's Creed II is amazing. I've played it to completion, and it's probably my favorite game on this gen of consoles.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony

Funny as hell, and its pretty fun.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
HALO ODST! its EpiC!!!
Quote by tyler_j
This ought to shut you up

I now have a lolstack, therefore I shall stop my rampage!
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Great in single player and online. You wont be dissapointed I promise.

Cheers!

Go Leafs Go!!

Next season anyway
Ahhhh.... Brutal Legend? Best ****ing game ever?

Short but hilarious.
Fire it up, let the engines roll!
It's time to burn it down!
Keep bleeding on till the day you die!
Forever love it loud, yeah!
Quote by Inferno11
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Great in single player and online. You wont be dissapointed I promise.

Depends on what kinda games he likes. I was disappointed because I hate generic war games.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Modern Warfare 2.

Seriously.
Your light bulb knows everything you do in your room.
If you like fighting games wait for Super Street FIGHTER IV. Everything else I could think of has been said but I heard good stuff on Bioshock
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

That game had the best synthesis system ever.

Quote by firebird103
I'm pretty sure you just won the thread. I can confirm everything you just said as well being a heavily qualified geek myself....

Congrats sir
Quote by Thepredster
If you like fighting games wait for Super Street FIGHTER IV. Everything else I could think of has been said but I heard good stuff on Bioshock

New Tekken is out. The campaign mode is crap, but the fighting is on par.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Brutal Legend is pretty great, especially if you like RTS games. I'd defiantly recommend Borderlands, thanks to it's millions of different weapons and the added RPG elements. Just an overall fun and amazing game.
If you have any friends with AC2 dont get it. It takes about 20 hours of play time to beat the story so you might as well barrow it. I would recommend either Borderlands, Fallout 3, or Elder Scrolls. All three have really long completion times. GTA 4 is not bad but it is not as good as GTA SA or VC. Dragon Age is good, but I dont have it yet so I have no idea on length.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
If you like RPG's, I'd recommend Dragon Age Origins. The gameplay is absolutely huge and complex.
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black puck with sticks.

Quote by Tire Me.
Dumbledore wasn't the only headmaster that night.
Mass Effect.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by koikomoru
Dragon Age is bad ass.

Also Brutal Legends was kinda fun

Dragon Age is alright, but due to the lack of ability to level grind, I wouldn't call it bad ass. To me, that's a huge part of an RPG, and it's sorely missing in the consistently moving mission setup of the game. There's no in-between space where you can just fight to get stronger.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
You could look at Devil May Cry 4. Great game.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by InvaderTSN
This and Bioshock. Destroys all other storylines.

Mass Effect 2 soon!!!

TS, wait for Dead Rising 2, shit's coming out soon and it will be amazing.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by strat0blaster
Dragon Age is alright, but due to the lack of ability to level grind, I wouldn't call it bad ass. To me, that's a huge part of an RPG, and it's sorely missing in the consistently moving mission setup of the game. There's no in-between space where you can just fight to get stronger.

See, to me i can't stand level grinding. It is that kind of old-school RPG that has been over done. I rather like the ability to flow with the story and not worry too much about my level of characters.

Granted, if you don't do some side missions you will get your butt kicked in Dragon Age. So there is a bit of grinding to be done.
Quote by koikomoru
See, to me i can't stand level grinding. It is that kind of old-school RPG that has been over done. I rather like the ability to flow with the story and not worry too much about my level of characters.

Granted, if you don't do some side missions you will get your butt kicked in Dragon Age. So there is a bit of grinding to be done.

And I agree to an extent. But I rather like the fact that in those old school JRPGs, you hit a wall and HAVE to work hard to pass it. I don't think it's something that should permeate through the entire story and overpower it, but I like the option. Sometimes I'm just in the mood to beat some asses and get more powerful

To me, the idea that you can just continually move through a game like that just means it's not hard enough. Dragon Age is a fun game, and I'm still playin it - it's massive, that's just my personal preference.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Halo 3 (not ODST)
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Fallout 3
Fable II

But mostly Fallout. That game kicks some serious ass, and it's replayability is amazing. Just make sure you get the Broken Steel add-on with it, that way you don't get stuck at the end like I just did a few days ago.

EDIT: Forgot Bioshock. Another good one.
Last edited by Dregen at Dec 25, 2009,
I thought Fable 2 sucked. Like the first one there was so much hype, but it just didn't live up to it.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Mass Effect
Tales of Vesperia
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Dragon Age: Origins
Fallout 3
Prince of Persia
Mirror's Edge
Street Fighter IV
Quote by Monolith295
I thought Fable 2 sucked. Like the first one there was so much hype, but it just didn't live up to it.

I liked it, but it was the first game of that style I ever played. Once I played Fallout, it made Fable seem inferior. It's still a good game though. At the end of Fable it was just like there wasn't anything to do, but in Fallout the maps are so huge and everything is just immense.

I know, I'm a fanboy
Quote by Holy Katana
Mass Effect
Tales of Vesperia
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Dragon Age: Origins
Fallout 3
Prince of Persia
Mirror's Edge
Street Fighter IV

Good choice. Eternal Sonata is another good RPG in that style.

Mirror's Edge was awful, IMO. Obnoxious controls that were not intuitive at all, and were mostly just awkward and clumsy.

The new Prince of Persia was a huge let down too. The art direction was amazing, but the fact that you can't die is a real disenchanting idea to me. That's what god mode is for, and I don't want it built into my game in the form of a light blue woman.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by Dregen
I liked it, but it was the first game of that style I ever played. Once I played Fallout, it made Fable seem inferior. It's still a good game though. At the end of Fable it was just like there wasn't anything to do, but in Fallout the maps are so huge and everything is just immense.

I know, I'm a fanboy

I got one of the Fallout addon discs (dont have live, can't dl them) and right after I put it on my xbox the original disc stopped working. Shit pissed me off so bad. I'll probably just get Fallout GOTY or Gold Edition or whatever seeing how it's just 40 now and has all the expansions and I'd save so much money instead of buying the other 2 and the original one again.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Dante's Inferno comes out in Feb. I know I've suggested several games that aren't out yet, but they look worth waiting for.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Forza 3 is pretty kickass if you're into that sort of thing.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by Jaymz2K
Lost Oddesy

Odyssey^

Great RPG, though. Too bad my 360 red ringed an hour from the end of it and I never got to finish the game.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Odyssey^

Great RPG, though. Too bad my 360 red ringed an hour from the end of it and I never got to finish the game.

I knew I did that wrong But google chrome said it was fine, and I believed it, like the fool I am...

That must've sucked =/
Quote by Jaymz2K
I knew I did that wrong But google chrome said it was fine, and I believed it, like the fool I am...

That must've sucked =/

Majorly sucked. With a 56% overall hardware failure rate, I went and bought a PS3. I'd love another 360; it's got some great game - just one that's gonna work for more than a couple months...

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Majorly sucked. With a 56% overall hardware failure rate, I went and bought a PS3. I'd love another 360; it's got some great game - just one that's gonna work for more than a couple months...

Mine's Red Ring'd many times and it still works. What I do is just unplug the power source/adapter for awhile and let it set. When I plug it back in it works like a charm.

Still bullshit that their hardware is that crappy though, I mean if you're mass distributing something that costs more than 300$ you'd better make damn sure everything actually works, especially if you're only gonna put a 1 year warranty on it ffs.
Last edited by Dregen at Dec 26, 2009,
Page 1 of 3