Hey guys, I've said I'd post a vid of me not singing very AC/DCish a while ago and I just got a new webcam so I decided to test er out! Tell me what ya think of my short cover of Pearl Jam's Release!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkULeVs4hnA

Thanks guys! Merry Christmas!

EDIT:

I might as well throw in a video of my usual singing to show the contrast between what could be my real voice, and my "Bon Scott" voice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D9rw2VZbCQ
Last edited by Superstrat101 at Dec 26, 2009,
You've got a cool voice. It's a nice tone, sometimes, but you're singing square in your throat. This sounds good for deep stuff, but it's going to wreck your voice, and when you go high, your voice doesn't like it at all. You can tell you're really struggling when you're trying the high parts. Try to direct your resonance above your vocal cords. Also, it's very pitchy. Not so much where it's physically painful, but enough that it's distracting. It's a good effort, but be sure to work on those couple things.
Quote by Chaingarden
You've got a cool voice. It's a nice tone, sometimes, but you're singing square in your throat. This sounds good for deep stuff, but it's going to wreck your voice, and when you go high, your voice doesn't like it at all. You can tell you're really struggling when you're trying the high parts. Try to direct your resonance above your vocal cords. Also, it's very pitchy. Not so much where it's physically painful, but enough that it's distracting. It's a good effort, but be sure to work on those couple things.

Yeh, usually I can hit that note ok but I wimped out due to sleeping people in the house. It seems like I need volume to sing higher up, is that reasonable?

Pitchy is me. Haha, apparently I'm tone deaf but I think I can pull through and actually be able to sing on pitch some day

Thanks for taking a look guys!
Quote by Superstrat101
Yeh, usually I can hit that note ok but I wimped out due to sleeping people in the house. It seems like I need volume to sing higher up, is that reasonable?

Pitchy is me. Haha, apparently I'm tone deaf but I think I can pull through and actually be able to sing on pitch some day

Thanks for taking a look guys!

Yes and no. You'll probably need at least moderate volume to sing those pitches convincingly, but don't think that way. The volume should be a byproduct of what you're doing. If you push and strain to get those notes, you won't hit them, or they'll sound like shit.

Nah, you're not tone deaf. That would indicate that you could not distinguish differences between any notes at all. You're just pitchy. I was to the extreme when I first started out.

Edit: Also heard the AC/DC cover. You sound just like Bon Scott. You're much better than the other two guys. Still pitchy in the chorus, but you sound cool. Not sure what the Jack Black guy is doing there. Or why there are three guitarists, haha. Also, that girl you have singing on All Right Now's got a really cool voice.
Last edited by Chaingarden at Dec 26, 2009,