Sign your name here if you want Schecter to un-discontinue the C-1 classic. I know this is a long shot, but this is a pretty damn big site with a lot of schecter users. Let's see what we can do here.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Sure, poll?
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
...They discontinued the Classic? WHY IN GAWD'S NAME WHY? That's a magnificent guitar! What reason could they POSSIBLY have for discontinuing it?!
I'll sign it thrice, should one come forth.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
supposedly its been replaced by something called the c-1 custom. differences include flamed top instead of quilted, different inlays, and three knobs. the fact that it had two knobs and they were not right below the bridge pup is what turned me on to this gorgeous beast in the first place. well, that and the quilted top

i found one on ebay and it will be on its way shortly, but then i saw some random ad on some random site for i think american music supply.com and they still had brand new ones in the trans blue and 3 tone sunburst for $499, so if you're looking for one, you could check there first.

i bought mine for $560 after shipping and the owner replaced the Jb/jazz with mustaine live wires, so i might try and sell that puppy at my store and just buy a brand new one. i dunno.

but regardless of what i do or dont do, BRING IT BACK!!!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

the replacement is exactly the same, just without the vine of life inlays. All of the new schecters are on drumcityguitarland if you are interested. i hated the VOL, i got lost.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Last edited by SOADriff at Dec 26, 2009,
Not going to work and good on Schecter for discontinuing that model it was fugly I thoroughly enjoy the new model more.
I saw one today at my music store..
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Not going to work and good on Schecter for discontinuing that model it was fugly I thoroughly enjoy the new model more.

This is fugly?

The C-1 classic is frigging beautiful! I'll surely sign this!
What Schecter needs to do is to dis out the C-1 Plus series or do something about those horrible inlays on those.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Dec 26, 2009,
Quote by CBroderick
This is fugly?

Yes, yes it is. I really don't like extravagant inlays as such (just look at my previous guitars) and the gold hardware really didn't make it any easier on it self.
here is the C-1 Classic's replacement , they changed the pickups from jazz/jb to 59'(SH-1)/custom (SH-11). The C-1 Custom also has a set-neck and the scale is 24-1/2". The C-1 Classic had neck-thru with 25-1/2". The C-1 custom also has 2 volume knobs now and the inlays are changed.

Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
So far, so good... R.I.P. the classic. Holycow, where did you get that photo?
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
So far, so good... R.I.P. the classic. Holycow, where did you get that photo?

i got it from another thread. a guy said he emailed schecter about the C1 Classic's replacement and schecter sent him that pic.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
here is the C-1 Classic's replacement , they changed the pickups from jazz/jb to 59'(SH-1)/custom (SH-11). The C-1 Custom also has a set-neck and the scale is 24-1/2". The C-1 Classic had neck-thru with 25-1/2". The C-1 custom also has 2 volume knobs now and the inlays are changed.

Well They're keeping the quilted maple, but they got rid of the vine inlays!!!
i bought mine at the right time, and didnt know they were being discontinued. Ill definitally sign, this is one of the best guitars ive ever played, i dont see why theyd discontinue it
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Why would you want the old one back? The new one looks wayyy nicer.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by SOADriff
the replacement is exactly the same, just without the vine of life inlays. All of the new schecters are on drumcityguitarland if you are interested. i hated the VOL, i got lost.

differences include

C-1 Classic: 25.5 scale, jumbo frets, quilted maple, 5 way switch, 2 knobs

this new C-1 custom: 24.75 scale, medium frets, quilted maple, 3 way switch, 3 knobs.

pretty much the quilted maple version of the C-1 +

EDIT: and Random Hero gives his consent for this petition.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Last edited by randomhero93 at Dec 26, 2009,
I don't really see the C-1 Custom as a replacement over the C-1 Classic. Too many major differences between them. I think Schecter wants to make the the classic a classic xD
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Dec 27, 2009,
Quote by sashki
When will it be discontinued? I can't find any info on Schecter's site, and the Classic is still listed in the products section.

Seems like production has stopped and all stores are clearing their stock out for the new one currently. You'll see an announcement at NAMM for the new Custom guitars.
I like the STB, but it needs to be flame. A quilted top with see-thru blue is like an ugly ocean.

Oh and I'm really sorry about this, but C-1 Custom > C-1 Classic. Nonetheless, I liked the C-1 Classic, I love two volume knobs.
i like that c-1 custom fr...its like mine, minus the invaders, plus SD customs. nice! i think thats my nxt guitar....
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by hminh87
The C-1 classic is frigging beautiful! I'll surely sign this!
What Schecter needs to do is to dis out the C-1 Plus series or do something about those horrible inlays on those.

My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus